Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Oh Boo.

 It's Tuesday afternoon and man - this week has been a bit hectic so far! That's saying something since it's only Tuesday. *sigh* I also looked at my phone this morning and thought momentarily that it was Wednesday... but it wasn't and that was a bit of a disappointment, ha-ha!

All in all it hasn't been quite so terrible but this week does seem to be getting off to a more "active" start than I'd imagined it would. That's in direct contrast to the weekend because I had plans for most of the weekend and somehow they all fell through and I ended up doing a whole lot of nothing all weekend.


Our house got "Booo'd" and so after dinner on Friday we chose goodies for two additional houses in the neighborhood and snuck them on to the porches of the neighbors. The sad portion of this is that since I had no plans all weekend, I spent my time staring down the porches and I'm disappointed to say that the kindness stopped with them - I still haven't seen that they've joined the "Boo" Brigade and I'm probably a little too bothered by it. *sigh*

We have the most perfect tree in our yard that is turning a perfect shade of orange-red with some hints of yellow and it's just the best. Knowing that rain was coming on Sunday, I tried to get my pup to enjoy time on the deck reading, having lunch and just enjoying the day and admiring that gorgeous tree - he was less excited about it though!



I did some laundry on Saturday and I'm ashamed to say I binge-watched all ten episodes of Emily in Paris on Netflix (hides face) - but in my defense, the episodes were only about 26 minutes each! I also went to a House Party at my church on Saturday night for worship, baby dedication and baptism - and that was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday evening!

Sunday started out overcast and I knew it was only a matter of time before the rain showed up - so after church I had my own Panera You Pick Two on the deck and read before the rain arrived about 1:00. The rest of the afternoon was spent inside reading and watching TV since the rain stuck around until this (Tuesday) morning... I ended up doing things around the house on both Saturday and Sunday too, so I wasn't a complete bum.



Like I said - it was a very chill weekend. I ended up getting back into the Great British Baking Show on Netflix as Sunday evening rolled on and even though I didn't do much all weekend, it seemed to pass very quickly! I'm already looking forward to next weekend... but then, isn't that always what we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment