Monday, October 26, 2020

I Voted - Early

Oh man - seriously, how is it already Monday again? I feel like I blinked and the weekend was over! That has been a theme these last few weekends and this one was no exception. I actually got off work early on Friday and ended up on the walking mall in downtown exploring some stores and having dinner at the English pub called Union Jack's... I even had a Pimm's Cup to celebrate being UK-bound in less than nine days (that's the countdown as of today). 



After dinner I popped into a store I'd wanted to go into for a while: Runner's Retreat! This store caters to runners (obviously) and they'll watch the way you walk/jog and then advise you on the best shoes to wear while you exercise. Since I'm down just over 50 pounds now, I wanted to see about getting the right shoes to potentially start jogging as part of my work out(s). I did just that and I now have a shiny new pair of Brooks that are waiting to be broken in! 


Saturday started a little bit dreary with some light rain but happily the rain passed shortly after breakfast and so we set out to run some errands - starting with a stop to vote in person early! I also popped into the Hallmark with my Mom for a quick look and ended up leaving with a "Baby Yoda" ornament to add to my collection - I just couldn't resist that little Yoda face, ha-ha!

 

After lunch and a stop at home to change clothes, it was off to the Virginia State Arboretum because the leaves in the Gingko Grove finally turned their wonderful golden yellow and it's a sight not to be missed. I swear; to me at least, it's almost like some kind of wonderland of gold and I love taking it in every year. Watson could really care less about the leaves but he does love hopping around in nature... and always gets a wee bit annoyed when I pull him aside for a picture.






The weather started to cool off pretty considerably as the evening arrived - I ended up sitting on the back deck reading for awhile all bundled up before heating up some White Chicken Chili for dinner. We also did a little bake off with some of the apples we'd picked last weekend: one pie was made from dough with a latticed top while the other was made with crescent rolls and a closed top; I ended up eating a small slice of both while watching Crimson Peak - tis the season for all things creepy and it is one of my favorite creepy movies!


Sunday morning was dreary and sad - rain and much cooler temperatures! After church, lunch at Glory Days and a pop into Martin's to get a few items for the week, it was home to pass the afternoon! We ended up (finally) watching the Nationals World Series documentary called Improbable and then I actually dug out my two Christmas trees, checked the lights on them and ended up rearranging the living room so that my tree would have the perfect spot. 


Since I'll be in the UK for most of early to mid November, I plan to fully decorate for Christmas before I come back. I'll return the Sunday before Thanksgiving and with readjusting to the time zone, work and Thanksgiving all in one week - I want to have everything decorated so I can just enjoy! I rounded out the week with dinner, a nice bubble bath and watching an episode of The Great British Baking Show with Watson before calling the weekend done!

No comments:

Post a Comment