Monday, October 19, 2020

Monday Mentions

 

Well. I 100% started this post on Friday but when I tell you that work was absolutely hectic, please believe me. I stayed after 5:00 for the first time in 5+ years (on a Friday that is). Since I never got to Five on Friday, I decided to share not just my weekend snaps but some other things I think deserve a mention!


I'm playing catch up over here - but I've definitely got tons of pictures to share, ha-ha!

One. Autumnal Pursuits - The weather on Saturday was; in my humble opinion, the most perfect Autumn weather and I had to take advantage of it. The Gingko Grove at the VA State Arboretum will be turning golden any time now and so I loaded up my pup and drove over to check it out on Saturday morning. 


 


The trees weren't quite there yet but I'm betting by next weekend, that entire grove will be a golden yellow vision. So, I'll be returning next weekend at some point (the weather this upcoming weekend is also forecast to be excellent) to peep the leaves again!




Watson wore a little bomber jacket that a friend passed on to us recently and the amount of compliments he received was incredible! Every person we passed had something to say about how handsome he was/how stylish he was/how amazing he looked... ha-ha! I don't know how I fit him back into the car when we were done with such an inflated ego! 

Two. Apple Picking with the Pup - Sunday was another perfect day and so I decided it was a great idea to get outside and take advantage again! My parents, my pup and I went to Marker Miller Farm Orchard to pick apples and of course - so many pictures were taken!




There were people everywhere but because Marker Miller is so large, there was plenty of room for everyone to spread out, explore and pick apples. There were three varieties currently ready for picking: Rome, York and Fuji and we selected about 6-8 of each type, until our bag was filled to the brim!





Watson loved sniffing every branch, bramble and apple that had already fallen off the tree and as soon as we were back in the car, he was falling fast asleep! Once we got home I discovered another way he's quite like me: he likes apples cooked in things, not just plain apples... he had 0 interest in tasting an apple but he would have liked a whole slice of Apple Fritter Bread!

Three. The 100 Best Fantasy Books of All Time - So, I stumbled on this late last week and was absolutely fascinated with scouring the list to see what books were chosen! The link for the story is included in this post and the panel of writers that chose the books included two of my favorite authors: George R.R. Martin and Diana Gabaldon! 


A few of the books on the list that I've read: A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis... just to name a few. The list spans hundreds of years and oodles of authors; there are also books from the Harry Potter series, the Golden Compass series and more. The list itself is incredibly interesting to peruse and might offer reading suggestions! Check it out!

Four. October Splurge - I haven't posted about my side hustle in ages but I am once again because just a few days ago the October Splurge dropped and I love it because it's all things lips! There are three new lip balms in awesome Autumn scents and a lip scrub to go along with the balms - perfect for cooler weather that normally wrecks havoc on lips!


The lip scrub is a yummy Pomegranate & Blueberry scent called Pom & Get It and the three lip balms come in the flavors of Pom & Get It, You're So Sappy (Vanilla & Maple) and On the Bright Cider (Apple Cider). You can peruse these awesome items and more at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh

*******************************************

That's all I've got this Monday morning - catch up complete! I'll pop back on tomorrow and share the recipe for Apple Fritter Bread and then; of course, I'll be back with some snaps of Watson for Watson Wednesday! I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment