Friday, October 23, 2020

Five on Friday

Oh Friday - you arrived much quicker than last week, thank goodness! Last week seemed long and this week has seemed to sort of blaze by, ha-ha! There are ten more weeks in this crazy year...just TEN. So here's to making the best of those last ten weeks!


One. Epic Artwork - I stumbled on this glorious piece of art earlier this week and I am in love! It's from Etsy and the artist behind it is TheBattersBoxDesigns and since this picture is a wee bit small, I'll just let you know that the World Series trophy is made up of Charlie Slowes (the Nationals radio announcer) last out call of the World Series.


I think I'll hear this call in my head forever - it's such a moment in time that all Nationals fan will always hold close. I've already shared this delightful print with my family with a wink and a nudge that it would make a great Christmas gift! Ha-ha! :)

Two. The Countdown is On - I know I've already made note of this, but I'm going to the UK in November and I'm all about counting down to exciting things... and this is definitely an exciting thing! I'm UK bound in just twelve days and I cannot wait.


To further stoke my excitement, I discovered a mug at Home Goods on Wednesday that had all the great spots of London on it... and it was a whopping $2.99, so I couldn't refuse it. So I'll be here, sipping my coffee (not tea - sorry guys) and counting down the days!

Three. Some Beach - I discovered a slice of the beach in the middle of Northern Virginia and what a delight that is! MacDowell's Brew Kitchen is in Leesburg and the entire restaurant is outdoors, with a sand floor that makes it feel like you've been deposited seaside somewhere...



The weather this week in Northern Virginia has been unseasonably warm - the Indian Summer is definitely at play this week - so sitting at a wooden bar top, running my toes through the sand and eating Crab & Corn chowder was weirdly perfect for late October!

Four. Autumn Views - The drive to Leesburg on Thursday evening was absolutely stunning and I managed to snap one picture as I cruised along. Honestly, I don't think the picture does it justice - but then again, it was taken from the front seat of a moving car - how could it?


The color is really starting to explode all over the place here and while I initially thought the colors wouldn't be too bright, there are spots where the color is absolutely vibrant and I'm going to need to go in search of more of it!

Five. Weekend Things - I'm not 100% sure what I'll get up to this weekend but since I referenced the Fall colors that are suddenly bursting onto the scene above, I'll probably try to make sure I spend time outside this weekend taking it all in! Here's hoping that I'll have some lovely pictures to share on Monday! 

**********************************************

Y'all have a wonderful weekend and make the best of it - only ten more weekends left in this year to enjoy and make memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment