Thursday, October 1, 2020

September - The Month in Review

I know - I know... it's the first of October! I am a lover of all things October (even if this particular year it started a little on the blah side)... but first, a look back at the month of September.

I thought I'd change things up and shift my end of the month format a bit. It seemed like it was time for a little bit of change and this seemed like as good a change as any! 

Boost Engagement in September with this Simple Religious Calendar

September feels like the first month since the beginning of the year (hello COVID) that I actually had places to go, things to do and people to see... even if there were face masks involved! If you want amusement in the world we live in today - you must have your face mask!


My face mask (a literal must have Fall accessory) and I went all over the place in September. We explored Pittsburgh, went to the women's conference at my church, popped into the movies to see Tenet, got my hair done and chose pumpkins from the patch. It was wonderful to finally have things to do again....

I have plenty of amusements and anticipations in store for October too! Celebrating my birthday during the first weekend of the month, going to a Hocus Pocus movie night at a local winery, dinner out with friends and multiple Bible studies. I'm sure my handy dandy face mask will be with me through it all.

********************************************************

 I have continued to read like a fiend; I think signing up for Book of the Month really kick-started my reading and I'm so glad about that. I generally think I have a better frame of mind when I a reading books! I started the month with a Cold War spy thriller/love triangle story called Atomic Love by Jennie Fields; it was my August Book of the Month and while it took me a bit to get into, I ended up loving it!

Then I completely went in a different direction and read Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer... this book is gigantic (949 pages) and is the tale of Twilight but told from Edward Cullen's perspective. This book felt like a complete blast from the past for me! I finished up the month reading The Last Story of Mina Lee by Nancy Jooyoun Kim; which was my September Book of the Month and was a tale about mothers and daughters. It was touching and entertaining and I really enjoyed it.

********************************************************

I watched a couple movies this month and one of them was actually in a theater - who'd have thought? I went to see Christopher Nolan's new movie Tenet in the theaters; I'm a big fan of a lot of Nolan's films, but I figured this one would be mind-bender like Inception. I wasn't wrong. The movie was action-packed and entertaining...even if I wasn't 100% sure what was going on!


The other movie - I wished I'd gotten to watch in a theater - because the live action version of Mulan was beautiful and I absolutely enjoyed it! I would have so loved to see all the color, pageantry and action play out on the big screen but regardless of where I watched it, it was a great movie!

********************************************************

The Must See TV list this month is a little bit longer than usual as I've finally stumbled on to some things I enjoy watching! I feel like I've been in a bit of a good TV void since the fifth season of Outlander ended back in the late Spring/early Summer. This month I did stumble onto Criminal: UK and The Home Edit - both on Netflix and I've watched them both quite a bit. I also started His Dark Materials on HBO and it might be the most interesting of the bunch!

********************************************************

So many delicious things to eat this month - I think it's been established that I'll always find the good food, wherever I go. I started the month in Pittsburgh and there was plenty there that was good to eat: a Birthday Cake shake at Milkshake Factory, breakfast hotcakes at Pamela's Diner, burgers at Burgatory, a sandwich loaded with fries from Primanti Bros., macarons & an almond pastry from La Gourmadine, pierogis and finally... Lemon Ricotta pancakes! I feel full just typing all that!


I made a sausage, green bean and potato bake that turned out to be a Pinterest win and another Pinterest win was the Caramel Apple Trifle I made for dinner with some friends! I also chowed down on some sweet treats from Firefly Cafe and Bakery for the last time since they closed on September 30th! 

********************************************************

I have continued to listen to some of my favorite podcasts: The Popcast with Knox & Jamie, The Big Boo Cast and Lore and I've also rotated in some episodes of Haunted Places and Very Presidential because they seem like they're perfect for this season! I've also been listening to worship music a lot this month too! 

And... that's all I've got for this first day of October. There are only three months left in 2020 and it's been a wild ride so far. Who knows what the final three months will have in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment