Friday, October 9, 2020

Five on Friday

 I don't know about you - but I'm glad it's Friday. And I only had to work three days this week but it is what it is, you know? I'm looking forward to the weekend... even if at this point I have zero plans.



One. October - I do love the month of October and this is the first edition of Five on Friday for the month of October because I was off in another world last Friday, ha-ha! Honestly I was so busy with work last Friday and then as soon as I got off, I was rushing over to my doctor to get a flu shot and then I just didn't feel like looking at a computer again - I'm sure we've all been there, right?


This is one of my very favorite quotes and I was tempted to buy a version of it in multiple places last weekend. I mean - I was born in October and I have always adored everything L.M. Montgomery wrote - so I feel like I'll eventually need this quote hanging somewhere in my home.

Two. Traveling - I have the most happy news this week because in just twenty-six short days I'll be bound for the United Kingdom to see my younger sister! I have an abundance of vacation days this year since traveling hasn't really been much of an option... and happily my boss and office manager approved that I could use 12 of the 15 days I have left to go to the United Kingdom!


The tickets have been purchased and I'll be in the UK for what is essentially half of the month of November - you currently have to quarantine for 14 days after entering the country. So while a large chunk of my visit will be spent hunkering down in my sister's home - I'm thrilled all the same. I'm also pretty tickled because my Mom and her younger sister are also going on this trip, so it will be sister trip for the books! 

Three. All the Chocolates - I mentioned in my post yesterday that we popped into a little shop in Culpeper called The Frenchman's Corner and I could not be more honest when I tell you that it is filled with the most beautiful chocolates I've ever seen in my life! Since we were celebrating my birthday, I went a wee bit overboard and selected fifteen different pieces for myself! 


I've been slowly eating them over the last week and I just don't know if you can find better chocolate than what they have at Frenchman's Corner! I especially loved the Jack O'Lantern that was actually a Cherry Cordial, the red and yellow square that was a S'mores Truffle and the truffle in the very center, topped with glittering sprinkles - I don't know what it was, but I know it was divine!

Four. Important Meeting(s) - I couldn't resist sharing this hilarious picture of my pup! I'm in a Bible study that meets via Zoom every two weeks and during last night's meeting, Watson hopped on to the end of the couch and from the angle I snapped the picture, he looked to be very involved in the discussion!


I'm sure we all know that it would be more fun to see people face to face - but I am thankful Zoom exists so we can at least still see people and interact from time to time. It makes life in this crazy weird year just a little less lonesome! 

Five. Fifty Pounds - Well... what can I say? I started Weight Watchers way back in January and here I am, ten months and fifty pounds less. It's been a journey and it's not over yet but I am a little bit amazed at how far I've come.


Sometimes I hesitate to "toot my own horn" as it were but then again - I have worked hard for this accomplishment and it feels pretty fabulous. When I see myself now, I see someone I recognize and that I'm happy with and that's an incredible feeling. I still have further progress to make but fifty pounds less - that feels pretty good.

**********************************************************

That's all I've got for this fabulous Friday in October! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys the Autumn days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment