Friday, October 30, 2020

Five on Friday

It's the second to last day of October - talk about time flying! Tomorrow is Halloween - for whatever that may mean in this crazy socially distanced world that we live in right now! I can't believe November begins this weekend!


One. Halloween 2020 - Tis the Season for dressing in outfits and pretending to be someone else, ha-ha! My co-workers and I decided that this year we'd dress as the Founding Fathers: I chose Alexander Hamilton and my friends chose Benjamin Franklin and George Washington!



I must admit that I ended up sort of throwing together the final points of my costume on Thursday night but I do feel like it came together just fine! As delightful as it is to dress up - I do think that I'll enjoy slipping into jeans and a sweater later this evening for dinner and some shopping! Maybe I'll wear my tricorn hat though? 

Two. Spooky Faces - I only ever use Snap Chat to talk back and forth with my little sister and one or two friends - but I do get a kick out of the filters! I especially have enjoyed some of the spookier options that have been popping up over the last week!


I didn't include all the filters I've tried this week - that would have been a lot, ha-ha! But they made me smile, so I thought I'd share.

Three. Mood - It has been a LONG week for me. I don't know about you but I know some of my friends have felt the same way and I couldn't resist sharing this snap of my Memoji that I took (accidentally) earlier in the week. It was a whole mood and was 100% my mood for this week!


I was attempting to record myself telling my little sister something but couldn't quite get the face to operate the way I wanted... and somehow ended up screen-capping this glorious emotion. I couldn't resist saving it to memorialize this nuts week in all it's moody glory!

Four. Weekend Plans - It's Halloween weekend! And time change weekend! And we are passing from October into November... all the things happening over one weekend! I've got to grab some storage containers this evening so that as I put up my Halloween and Autumn decorations, I can get a wee bit more organized - and yes - that means I'll also be getting out Christmas decorations this weekend too!


The plan is to get final items for my upcoming trip on Friday night and Saturday morning and on Saturday night, I'll be chilling (literally - the temperature is supposed to be in the 30's) in the driveway presiding over socially distanced trick or treating! Sunday will be all about getting Autumn decorations down and Christmas decorations up so that when I return from the UK on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, all I need to do is fall into bed, ha-ha!

The countdown to the UK is at 5 days - so getting ready for that is high on the list! I can't believe it!

Five. All the Shows - Two of my most favorite shows return today and I can't wait to watch them both! The fourth season of Somebody Feed Phil is out on Netflix today and there will be five delightful episodes of Phil traveling and tasting all kinds of wonderful food! If you've never watched Phil - I cannot recommend it enough - Phil's joyous and kind personality just make for the best television and he's inspired many an addition to my travel list! 


And... Baby Yoda is back! Okay, so actually The Mandalorian is back on Disney+ and alongside him is the funny little green guy called The Child... but everyone just calls him Baby Yoda! I'm guessing this second season will have eight episodes, just like the first and they'll be released each Friday - so only one episode today, but I can't wait to see Mando and Baby Yoda back in action!


Do you watch either of these awesome shows?

****************************************************************

That's all I've got this weekend folks! I can't believe this time next week I'll be sitting in the UK! It's crazy to even think about, but it will be here before I know it! Until then, I'll be enjoying Halloween, preparing for Christmas and getting ready to hop across the pond! 

No comments:

Post a Comment