Friday, May 8, 2020

Five on Friday


One. The Light at the End of the Tunnel - The end of the time of staying inside all day, every day for every week is going to begin coming to a close soon and the joy of just having a date on the calendar to aim for is the most wonderful thing! The state of Virginia will allow small businesses to open on May 15th and the rest of the state will begin to open between May 15th and June 10th, when the stay at home order will be lifted. I'm sure life will still look very differently but just returning to some semblance of normalcy is enough to thrill me to my very core! 

Two. Soaking Up the Sunshine - The weather has been on a seesaw for the past month or longer... when the world went nuts, the weather went nuts right along with it! The sun was out yesterday for the first time in a few days, the temperature was warm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky - it was beautiful! I couldn't resist wandering around the backyard in the sunshine, feeling the grass between my toes and the sun warming my shoulders - alongside my pup!


Three. Mother's Day Brunch - Normally on Mother's Day we'd take my Mom out to get something to eat... a meal at her favorite restaurant or brunch somewhere special but that's not really an option this year, so I'll be doing brunch for her. I had her choose some recipes from the Plain Chicken website and I'll be whipping those up for the family on Sunday morning! There hasn't been a recipe on the Plain Chicken website that hasn't turned out excellent - so if it's not so tasty, the fault will lie with the chef! ;)

Four. A Reminder - I saw this bit of artwork on Instagram this week and really loved it. It's such a good reminder (especially to me) that even when life doesn't feel different or special; when life feels like the same old, same old - the Lord is always at work. No season of life - no matter how good or bad - is ever wasted. That's especially poignant right now when it feels a little like the whole world is standing still.

Check out @ashtoncreates on Instagram to see other works like the one above!

Five. Weekend Things - It's Mother's Day weekend y'all! I don't have any huge plans (shocker, I know) but I do believe we are going to be doing some painting in my living room and I'll be cooking up a Mother's Day Brunch for my Mom on Sunday (as mentioned above): Vanilla Fruit Salad, Ham & Cheese Hash Brown Casserole and Lemon Rolls!


*************************************************************

Another week of working from home is in the books! Another weekend of amusing myself while staying close to home is unfolding - but hopefully it's one of the last weekends of doing that! Slowly but surely we are moving through this whole COVID thing and I couldn't be more glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment