Friday, May 1, 2020

Five on Friday


One. It's May - Well... April is finally over. I'm kidding. Sort of. Somehow even though the days and weeks seemed to be filled with the same old, same old - the month of April flew by! I've always heard that time flies when you're having fun and I don't really think that logic can be applied here.. but all the same, the month of April is over and done with.

May Newsletter & Calendar

I'm not really sure what May has in store - but it will hopefully be the last month of working from home and staying home all the time. The original shelter in place order was through June 10th - so maybe this will be the last month of being home bound? Will we look back at this one day and just be mind boggled? 

Two. I'm a Six - I think I have talked about my love for the enneagram more than once but during this pandemic, I have discovered several Instagram accounts that are all about the enneagram types and I am just eating it up! 



Have you ever taken an enneagram quiz? They are all over the internet and you just have to search for one that doesn't require a credit card number to get your answer - but the insight and information is fascinating to me! I've always been fascinated by personality quirks and types... so this is right up my alley!

Three. A Tale of Defiance - Would y'all please look at this picture of my little old man dog with his defiant little face and his recently discarded diaper in the background. *face palm* My sweet pup has started needing to wear diapers and let me tell you - I never thought I'd be spending money on dog diapers but if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times - life does not often play out how you imagine.


My little old man has discovered that if he wriggles around on the carpet enough, he can wriggle himself right out of his diaper and let me tell you - he has become a master. Earlier this week he squirmed and wriggled until the diaper slid down his back, a little further and he stood up and stepped out of it. I asked him - as he stepped out of the diaper - just what did he think he was doing? He sat down and gave me that defiant stare and I had to capture the moment in time.

Four. Quarantine Baking Strikes Again - If this quarantine doesn't get gone soon, I am going to end up caving completely to the danger that is quarantine baking! Earlier this week I made Cinnamon Sugar Blondies and they taste just like my Nanny's cinnamon sugar toast - but on crack. They are SO good. It was hard to not just eat the entire pan... but self control prevailed. 

Cinnamon Sugar Blondies | Tabs & Tidbits

-1/2 cup butter melted
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 large egg
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-pinch of salt
-5 tsp. sugar
-1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 & line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Add the butter & brown sugar to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add in the egg & vanilla until well combined. Stir in the flour & salt until well combined. Spread into the prepared pan. Combine sugar & cinnamon & sprinkle over the batter. Bake for 22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

These are easy and so very delicious! I would recommend that you up the bake time for 22 to 25 minutes as the squares in the center of my pan were a little less done - but still divine!

Five. Weekend Plans - It's the first weekend of May! I have actual plans with actual people - what is this life?!? Granted, all my plans involve being at least six feet apart and wearing our trusty face masks - but still, I'll get to see actual people that don't live in my home with me.


I have an actual mask now - the above picture is just the fixer upper I had in place until my actual mask arrived. So, the weather is meant to be lovely and I'll get to see actual people and so hopefully on Monday, I will "arrive" to work really refreshed from some quarantine-approved socialization.

*******************************************

Sometimes I read the things I've written and wonder what this world we are living in is? It's certainly like nothing I ever imagined. Ya'll have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment