Friday, May 15, 2020

Five on Friday

It's finally Friday! I jest - this week hasn't actually seemed that long but it is always nice to see the weekend! Time as a general construct seems sort of wonky in these "unprecedented" times; sometimes the days feel long but the weeks pass quickly. 


One. The Cutest Cookies - Oh my goodness guys! An adorable find that came courtesy of a neighbor and they are the most amazing cookies. The genius behind these incredible cookies is Cookie Therapy and they are the best: a delicious sugar cookie flavor with amazing iced designs and the cookie on the right - it's a paint your own cookie! I cannot extol the incredible "virtues" of these cookies enough!


Check her out on Instagram at: cookietherapy18 - I can promise you will be enchanted! 

Two. Spring has Arrived - It feels like this week we might have finally turned the corner to Spring. The week started pretty cold... on Monday I ended up doing my afternoon walk with a jacket zipped up to my neck and a hat pulled down over my ears! I couldn't feel my legs by the time we returned from our 1.5 miles! However, each day it got progressively warmer and on Wednesday and Thursday the weather was in the lower 70's and absolutely perfect!


Of course - as I write this and take a peek at the weather forecast for next week, there is nothing but rain and the temperatures dip again. *sigh* It looks like at least the weather itself will be warmer, even if it's raining! 

Three. Gardening - I confess that I do not like digging in the dirt at all. I hate the feeling of dirt under my fingernails but on Monday afternoon, the family was planting new Azaleas in the front yard and I decided to give it a go and plant one. I can confirm I still really don't like getting dirt under my fingernails and I don't really enjoy the whole aspect of gardening... it's just not my thing.


However, my Dad did snap a picture and caught this moment in time. I planted one Azalea and gave it a pep talk - I told it that it better bloom the best since I'm the one who planted it! 

Four. Artistic Flair - I have recently become a little bit obsessed with the adult coloring books that I've had for... probably a couple years now. I don't know if this is a level of quarantine boredom reaching new heights or something - but I've felt very artistic lately! 


I even indulged myself and purchased a box of 120 colored pencils - so now I can make my drawings have about a million different color combinations and variations. I think I'll get to work on another one today, ha-ha!

Five. A Pop of Color - Well, the Quarantine Renovation project in my living room has been completed and I love it! I painted two walls a bright yellow; it's Valspars Dutch Tulip and it adds a bold pop of color to my living area and I absolutely love it! I also purchased two new bookshelves to place on either side of my television - which has now been mounted to the wall and I've hung my Game of Thrones covers around the TV.



I also painted the entryway wall the bold yellow as well and I really love how it makes the entry area pop with a bit of bright color! I know that a yellow this bright isn't for everyone but I absolutely love it and love the pop of color it adds to my little home! The next Quarantine Renovation project is to paint my bathroom a pale purple called Pixie Plum!

********************************************************

That's all I've got for this week y'all! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is able to enjoy some time outdoors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment