Friday, May 29, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Quarantine Baking Strikes Again - I promise I'm not spending all my time baking but I'm sure it seems like it with the frequency that I post all these pictures of baked goods! *shrugs* Tuesday night I used a sheet of Pillsbury Pastry dough and topped it with Semisweet Chocolate Chips and baked it for 12-15 minutes. I pulled the flatbread out, topped it with mini Marshmallows and put it under the broiler for about a minute and voila - S'mores Flatbread! 


It was so easy to make and I know the Pillsbury Pastry dough could provide endless options for a dessert style pizza or flatbread! Imagine topping some of this with apple or cherry pie filling, a little cinnamon and sugar - it would be delicious! 

Two. In Bloom - There are a few rose bushes still left in the backyard and this week they have started to bloom, which I love! The light pink and pale yellow of the blooms is so lovely! There is a third rose bush that is getting ready to bloom... not sure yet what color those roses will be, but I'm sure they will be gorgeous! 


Three. Spectacular Sunset - As the weather has been warming up, the sunsets in the evenings have been pretty awe-inspiring and while I'm not sure my cell phone camera does them the full justice they deserve, I can't resist snapping pictures of the gorgeous colors as they spread out across the evening sky! 



The time change always takes me by surprise and I always find myself amazed that when I come in from sitting outside watching the sun set, it's almost 9 PM! I seem to forget that when the Summer arrives, the sun stays out for so long! It also makes me sincerely miss watching the sun sink from seats at Nationals Park, accompanied by the smell of beer and baseball leather and the crack of the bat. *sigh* 

Four. World Series Rings - Speaking of baseball and Nationals, the World Series rings were revealed on Sunday night and they are absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about them; even the inclusion of Baby Shark on the inside of the ring, it makes me smile! The team did an hour long ring reveal and watching portions of the World Series documentary ahead of the show filled me with warm fuzzy feelings all over again!

Washington Nationals Reveal 2019 World Series Ring—And It Has a ...

Baby Shark' featured on Washington Nationals World Series Rings ...

I was intrigued to see that they had replicas that fans could purchase but when I saw the $15,000 price tag attached to the replica, I decided that the gorgeous pictures and the three minute video on the ring would have to be enough! 

Five. The Difference of a Year - Earlier in the week we hiked to the summit of Stony Man in the Shenandoah National Park and I realized on returning home that I hiked the same trail almost a year ago. I found the pictures from the previous hike and couldn't resist putting them side by side for comparison. 
It's amazing the difference a year can make! I have obviously been very heartily pursuing being healthier in the past year but more intently since the start of this year and so far, I've lost 33 pounds. It's nice to look at pictures like the ones above and remind myself that while I still have a ways to go - I have made some good progress! 

*****************************************************

Happy Weekend to everyone - it's the last weekend of May! I cannot even wrap my head around that! This year feels like it's flying by and sometimes I feel like I don't have much to show for it, but then - I suppose that's life living through a pandemic!

No comments:

Post a Comment