Friday, May 22, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Quarantine Baking Strikes Again - That's right, I was perusing a cookbook this week and stumbled on a recipe that I couldn't resist giving a whirl: Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Brownies!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Pt8Xi7IcPj6wuUFQ2C4LC2Etk5miT8Ew https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cEMLvoxGhmu0VQ0qd_Mhl6mbwbVkq-Mq
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 4 eggs 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SlYAUcKX8iSS40A4MEu9alFd8TqH0adr

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar together. Add eggs one night at a time, and then add vanilla. Once mixed, fold dry ingredients into wet.

Spread the mixture into the greased pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Brownies are done when they just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and are set in the center.

*I also added in a cup of chocolate chips - which are not called for in the recipe*

Two. A Fire Pit & Friends - Wednesday night my ladies' Bible study met at one of the ladies' homes and she had the most wonderful patio with a fire pit and an endless green lawn that stretched out in front of the patio. We chatted, sang some worship songs and just had a wonderful time and for whatever reason - the whole evening; with the scent of the fire rolling over me, just left me feeling very blessed indeed!


Three. Exploring the Neighborhood - All this time spent at home has led to lots of trying to explore the neighborhood, which is actively expanding around us. We found an extension of the trail that winds around the lake in our neighborhood and checked it out this week - and Watson was definitely a fan of all the nature exploration!


Four. Haircut - I have an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! Granted, I have to wear a face mask for the entire appointment, I have to have my temperature checked when I arrive and I have to call to let the salon know that I am there, so they can sanitize the seat where I'll be sitting to have all my services done. It's a strange new world we are living in and perhaps nothing will ever look the same? Either way - I'm just looking forward to doing something sort of "normal".

Five. Three Day Weekend - It's Memorial Day Weekend, which is the unofficial start of Summer! Whatever you thought your Memorial Day weekend would look like at the start of this year, I can guarantee that you didn't think social distancing and face masks would be a part of it - did you?

Memorial Day Weekend - North Landing Beach

I'm not sure what my weekend will have in store but it's a three day weekend with nothing on the calendar besides a hair appointment and no alarms for three days in a row! Who knows what I might be able to get up to?

*************************************************

As you can see - I don't have too much to tell on this Friday! I hope everyone has a nice three day weekend (if you get the day off)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment