Saturday, November 2, 2019

October Things!

Image result for October

Anticipations

World Series Parade - As I'm posting this on November 2nd, I'm currently in DC getting ready to witness the World Series parade for my victorious Washington Nationals! This anticipation has been an entire baseball season in the making... even if I never imagined it when the season started.

Image result for 2019 world series parade

Thanksgiving in Oklahoma - I'll be spending Thanksgiving out in the wilds of Oklahoma this year, certainly a far cry from the streets of Rome last year! We are going to Oklahoma to stay with my sister and spend a few days seeing the sights...and of course, eating turkey! I went to Oklahoma when I was very young and haven't been back, so this will be a little like my first time seeing this state!

Image result for Oklahoma

Thanksgiving - Hello! I do love Thanksgiving and turkey and all the wonderful things that go along with it! Especially knowing that after I've filled my belly with turkey, sweet potatoes and pie and watched a little football... all things Christmas are officially a GO!

Image result for Thanksgiving

Books I've Read

I confess that I still haven't read a single book...but I have been reading constantly. I am still so fixed on the fan fiction that I've found online and I am just lapping that stuff up day after day, ha-ha!

Books on the Shelf

I actually cleared quite a few books off my shelf but not because I read them. *sigh* I got rid of a ton of books because they are just taking up so much space and some of them, I am never going to read. So I took them to a used book store and got cash for them! They can make someone else happy!

Can't Miss Movies

I'm not even kidding - I didn't see a single movie this month. Not a single one. However there are a million movies coming out in November that I want to go see: Last Christmas, Midway, Ford V Ferrari, Frozen II... I feel like I'm leaving something out. Oh well, suffice it to say I plan to see plenty of movies in November!

Must See TV

Mr. Robot - The fourth and final season of Mr. Robot premiered on October 6th (my birthday!) and so far I've caught up on the first two episodes and need to watch two more... but I'm intrigued as always! The final season picks up with Elliot battling White Rose as Christmas looms in New York City and the twists and turns that make you think and rethink every scene are as ever present as they were in previous seasons. Who knows how this final season will end?

Image result for mr. robot season 4

The World Series - I guess this should really just say that I've been watching post season baseball since the World Series games only started on Tuesday, October 22nd but the past month has seen me watching some of the most intense baseball games of my entire life. Whoosh! And my Washington Nationals won the World Series on Wednesday, October 30th - easily one of the most intense things I've ever watched on television!

Image result for the 2019 world series

Tasty Treats

Oh man! The epic October eats started in the first weekend and never let up! I had the most delicious Maple Sponge Cake at the Queen Elizabeth in Niagara Falls, Ontario - with stunning views of Horseshoe Falls while I ate it! While in Toronto, I had a Nanaimo Bar, not one but TWO Beavertails, Poutine, some of the best Macaroni & Cheese ever and of course - Tim Horton's! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KDS52AGfb7ie44HvrX28kZTZCXzVP7lX


The Tim Horton's coffee left me wanting but the Timbits (they're donut holes, y'all) were pretty fabulous! En route to Canada I had some divine French Onion Soup at Jean Bonnett Tavern and I've been enjoying the Congo Coffee from Atlas Coffee Club that my little sister signed me up for - as a birthday gift! It may seem pedestrian to some, but I love some Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef and Rangoons from Panda Express... and last but certainly not least - Strite's Donuts! YUM! 

Tunes & Talk

I've been listening to a playlist on Pandora all month that is titled "Thanksgiving Mix" and the tunes are all Sinatra, Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong, etc... which is some seriously good music. I'm not sure what makes it a Thanksgiving/Autumn mix but I've been enjoying it.

I've also found a podcast called Catlick and I'll just let the description of the podcast do the talking: Catlick is the lost story of how spies, villains, & midnight vigilantes nearly destroyed the South's grandest city. Catlick is part true crime, part memoir, and part history-teacher-you-wish-you had. Only the first four episodes have dropped so far but it's set in Atlanta and it's engrossing!

******************************************************

That's the story for October! 

No comments:

Post a Comment