Friday, November 8, 2019

Five on Friday

Image result for five on friday

One. Treat Yo Self - It's Friday and once I conquer my eye appointment this afternoon, I'm going home for just a bit and then having a little bit of a treat yo self kind of Friday night! I'm going to the Alamo to see Last Christmas and yes - I'm going all on my own. I have been waiting for this movie to come out ever since I saw the first trailer and so, I shall head to the Alamo and get myself some cookies and thoroughly enjoy the Christmas cheer + romantic comedy and have a delightful time!


Image result for last christmas

Two. Wine Tasting - It would seem that last year's client event at a nearby winery was a big hit and so the company I work for is doing the tasting again this year... and it's tomorrow! So I'll spend a good chunk of my Saturday afternoon at Fleetwood Farm Winery mingling with clients and sipping some wine. I'm not so great at mingling but I am good at sipping wine, ha-ha!


Image result for fleetwood farm winery

Three. A little giggle - I have found plenty to laugh about this week (and I've needed it - it's been a week)... but this one really did make me smile and I thought I'd share it here as my "Friday Funny". I am fighting the urge to start putting up Christmas decorations... but between listening to Christmas music at work and going to see a Christmas movie tonight, I may lose the battle this weekend! :)

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1YFs7r7pnEhOgJGoWXNe1cuAnur8Qar6-

Four. Cajun Potato Soup - A quick little recipe to share with you, especially if you like spicy things! Earlier this week I made Plain Chicken's Cajun Potato Soup with a couple tweaks and it was pretty tasty but man - it has some heat! So, if you like things with a little kick then this one is for you!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rHd2FgdMtF9UQ58vDH4f4nqnctizJ-WO

  • 1 link andouille smoked sausage; sliced
  • 1 30-32 ounce bag of frozen hash browns (I used O'Brien style)
  • 3 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
  • 1 10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 Tbsp. minced onion flakes
  • 3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
  • 1 Tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp. salt
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
Combine all ingredients but the cream cheese in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. About thirty minutes before serving, add in the cream cheese and stir until melted and thoroughly combined. 

Again - this soup has a KICK! I ate leftovers last night and I added a bit of milk to take away some of the heat. I also added in a little bacon but honestly - it's perfectly delicious in it's original form! Enjoy!

Five. I'm Drawing a Blank - However, I do have a really cute dog and he did this thing last night where he looked extremely cute while sleeping. So I'll share that picture for number five and be done with it!


Happy weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment