Friday, November 22, 2019

Five on Friday

Image result for five on friday

One. A Cute Puppy Picture - I will start this post with something cute because who doesn't love seeing cute things? My dog is all about the cozy things and he pretty much immediately crawled between two pillows on the couch and snuggled himself under a blanket. What a mess!


Two. Weekend Plans - I'm going to the movies again tonight...ha-ha! This is the third Friday in a row that I've gone to the movies... as my sister said "what a life!" I'm going to see Ford V. Ferrari tonight, which wouldn't normally be my thing but Caitrona Balfe from Outlander is in the movie - so I'm intrigued.

I'm not sure what I'll be getting up to for the rest of the weekend but I'll probably watch a few episodes of the third season of The Crown and I'll be packing for our trip to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. 

Three. A Laugh or Two - I don't know if you are one of the people who've seen The Mandalorian on Disney+ but it's introduced a little creature that looks like Baby Yoda and it may be the cutest thing I've ever seen. The memes about it are priceless but the one below was just perfect! 


I sent the below meme to my friends this week - I don't know if I always think I'm a hot mess but I'd like to think that when I am, I'm more of a fun hot mess than just a mess...


I'm not sure if you're aware of Nathan Pyle's Strange Planet comics but it's a great follow on Instagram (@nathanwpylestrangeplanet) - and the comic below made me cackle because I am definitely the alien ordering salad and wondering who I even am... 


Four. Plain Chicken's White Chicken Chili - I wish I had a picture of my completed chili; I changed one or two things about the recipe but all in all it turned out so yummy and fabulous!

  • 2 Tbsp. Butter
  • 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
  • 3 Cups Chicken Broth
  • 1 Cup Half & Half
  • 2 Cans White Meat Chicken; drained
  • 1 (11 ounce) Can of Creamed Corn
  • 2 (15 ounce) Cans of Pinto Beans
  • 2 (4 ounce) Cans of Green Chilies; undrained
  • 2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion Flakes
  • 2 Tsp. Cumin
  • 2 Packages Real Bacon Pieces
  • 1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  1. In your pan, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for two minutes and gradually whisk in chicken broth and half & half. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes, until thickened.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
So easy - and so very delicious! 

Five. The Decade - I do wonder if anyone else has seen the tweet that asks what a person has accomplished in the past decade. Did you even realize that there are just about six weeks left of this decade?!? I know that I've lived through decades before but somehow I seem more aware of this one and so I compiled my own little list of things I've done...

  • Graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a degree in Anthropology 
  • Got my first "adult" job.
  • Purchased my first home.
  • Traveled internationally for the first time to Canada.
  • Overcame depression and lived on my own for three+ years with no mental health issues.
  • Flew multiple places on my own - which is an accomplishment since I hate flying.
  • Sold my first home.
  • Packed up my life and moved over 900 miles from Mississippi to Virginia.
  • Traveled internationally for the second time to London.
  • Got my second "adult" job - and boy is this one better than the first.
  • Traveled internationally for the third time to Italy. 
  • Became a licensed Realtor in the state of Virginia.
  • Watched the Washington Nationals win the World Series
All in all - I'd say that's not bad for the past decade. Looking forward to what the next decade has in store.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment