Saturday, November 30, 2019

November Things

Image result for November

Anticipations

L'Auberge Provencale - You guys! There is a four diamond French restaurant less than five miles from my home and in December, I'll get to have dinner there! My office Christmas party is at this glorious little Shenandoah Valley treasure and I am so looking forward to my four course dinner! I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures!


Image result for l'auberge provencale virginia

Enchant - Enchant is the largest Christmas light maze and outdoor market and this year it's set up at Nationals Park in DC! We have tickets to check this out during the second weekend of December and I cannot wait to see it in all it's glory! The picture below is from when it was in Seattle at Safeco Field - and I assure you, I'll have plenty of pictures all my own! There is a 100 foot tall Christmas tree, a skating rink, a holiday market, carol singers and so much more... I cannot wait to see it all!


Image result for enchant christmas dc

DC Weekend - We are spending a weekend in DC to celebrate the Christmas season and we'll be staying at the The Willard for the weekend, which is a treat in and of itself - the hotel always has spectacular decorations and an amazing gingerbread house! We'll be going to check out Enchant at Nationals Park, seeing Fiddler on the Roof at the National Theatre and of course, going to see the lights, sights and sounds around downtown DC! I love "my" city at Christmas!

Image result for national christmas tree

Christmas Parties & Outings - Of course, there are plenty of parties and get together(s) to enjoy and take in throughout the month of December! I have a ladies Bible study party, a dinner with one of my dearest friends and we are planning to make a trip to the Maryland Symphony as part of our celebrations! I absolutely love the month of December!

Image result for christmas parties

Christmas - I think I've probably said this over and over, but Christmas is absolutely my favorite holiday on the calendar and I love celebrating it so much! So of course, I'm always looking forward to Christmas with great anticipation!


Image result for christmas wallpaper

Books I've Read

I know.. I know... I have got to start reading actual books and not just random stories on the internet, right?

Books on the Shelf

I do have two books sitting on my bedside table that I'm planning to start reading: The Unofficial Guide to Game of Thrones by Kim Renfro and The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding by Jennifer Robson.

Can't Miss Movies

Last Christmas - This movie got terrible reviews but y'all, I really loved it. Perhaps my love of Emilia Clarke and all things London (especially at Christmas) won me over, but I truly enjoyed it. Kate is; to put it mildly, struggling with life and a chance meeting with Tom turns her life around... and honestly I can't say too much else because that would give the game away. This movie was touching, humorous and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Image result for last christmas

Midway - This movie was not at the top of my list for this month but I am really glad I saw it. I love history and this movie; while named for the Battle of Midway, started with Pearl Harbor and outlined the Pacific campaign from there. I thought it was well done...even if some of the writing was a tad cheesy from time to time - but I thought all in all it was really enjoyable!

Image result for midway movie

Ford V Ferrari - Yet another movie that wouldn't have been at the top of my list but Caitrona Balfe from Outlander was in the movie, so I made the trip - and I'm really glad I did. I know nothing about cars and racing but the movie was funny and extremely enjoyable. I think even if you're not a "car person" this movie is a good time - and if you are a "car person" then you'd probably really enjoy it.

Image result for ford v ferrari

Frozen II - Ooh boy, I loved this! I mean - that's probably not a shocking revelation but I always worry when a sequel is made that it will somehow lessen the original - but Disney got this one right! The same lovable characters, new adventures and really excellent new music... plus there is a really cute fire salamander, so there's that. If you're even a little bit of a Disney fan - of course this is for you. Even if you aren't a Disney fan, check it out!

Image result for frozen ii

Must See TV

Mr. Robot - The final season has made it through eight episodes of the thirteen that will make up the final season and man... what a wild ride it has been! The show is much less mind-bending in this fourth season than in previous seasons as the show winds up and tucks in the strands that the story has un-spooled throughout the previous three seasons. The entire cast continue to be incredibly strong... and Rami Malek continues to lead them in that regard. I can't wait to see how the final season winds the show up!


Image result for mr. robot season 4

The Mandalorian - Oh my goodness... I know the show is literally named for the Mandalorian but once the reveal of Baby Yoda (is it even Yoda?!?) at the end of the first episode, that was all she wrote. The first live action scripted Star Wars universe show; The Mandalorian follows a bounty hunter from Mandalore as he secures a bounty that no one else has yet to secure... which is a Baby Yoda. I'm only three episodes in but at about 35 minutes each episode the show is perfectly timed, intriguing and everything you love about the Star Wars universe.

Image result for the mandalorian baby yoda

The Handmaid's Tale - I finally got around to watching the third season of The Handmaid's Tale and while I really enjoyed it... I found aspects of the season a bit off. June seems to be able to move through Gilead with a good bit of ease which is in conflict with her position as a Handmaid... even if the Commander she is with is an ally. All in all, this season was good but after the ending - I am wondering exactly where season four will go?

Image result for the handmaid's tale season 3

The Crown - I do love this show but I confess, often when I watch it I end up feeling incredibly sad for the members of the Royal family. I realize this is a dramatization but there is a ring of truth to all of it and their lives are not their own - it's certainly an odd existence. The acting is always absolutely flawless and the costumes are stunning... not to mention that opening credits are (for me) completely arresting. I do absolutely love this show! I'm only 2 episodes away from finishing the third season!

Image result for the crown season 3

Tasty Treats

This month wasn't filled with too much feasting... surprising for the month where Thanksgiving falls, right? We did try out the new Winter menu at Regions 117 and I had some divine soup and a grain bowl that was fabulous. After the Nationals Word Series parade I had my favorite Farfalle dish at Cheesecake Factory and of course - some cheesecake! I had some to die for White Chicken Chili at Red Horse Tavern in Middletown...


While in Oklahoma, we had delicious Thanksgiving dinner and all I have to show is a picture of pie because I was under the weather most of the day... We had some pretty divine BBQ at a place called Rib Crib in Elk City, OK and we had some of the most amazing pizza and a divine Orange Cinnamon roll at The Pizza Hall in OK City. 

Tunes & Talks 

I have been listening to all the Christmas music this month, ha-ha! I'm sure that's not surprising! I especially enjoyed the Christmas album Warmer in the Winter by violinist Lindsey Stirling; y'all know I love a good instrumental album! I've also enjoyed listening to the soundtracks from The Crown and I pop in some Game of Thrones from time to time because y'all know I just still love it so much. And the Frozen II soundtrack has some real jams!

My co-worker turned me on the the podcast Dolly Parton's America and let me tell you that it's a delight! I have just devoured the first five episodes and they've been stellar! And I think I mentioned it last month, but if you haven't subscribed to the podcast Catlick by BT Harman - that one is also fascinating and amazing!

******************************************

That's all she wrote for the month of November, y'all! One more month to go in this crazy year that has been 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment