Thursday, November 7, 2019

100 Random Get-to-Know-Me Questions that No One Ever Asks...

Oh boy - I haven't done anything like this in ages! I thought it sounded like a good idea but y'all, one hundred questions is a lot. Like - so many! If you read all these, you're either my Mom or you find me more interesting than I find myself, ha-ha!
  1. Are you named after anyone? I've been told I was named for Natalie Wood, mostly because my parents liked the name Natalie... so - sort of?
  2. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I'm not sure, maybe Michael (after my Mom's oldest brother who passed away when he was young); although that ended up being my younger sister's middle name as she was born on his birthday.
  3. When was the last time you cried? Tuesday at work... *sigh*
  4. Do you have kids? If no, how many do you want? I have no kids but I would like one. Just one.
  5. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I think so! I'm a delight 95% of the time, a good listener and I also think I'm a lot of fun to be around, even if I am slightly more nerdy than most.
  6. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Do I? Ha! It's a language I'm fluent in!
  7. What's the first thing you notice about people? Smiles. I like people who smile. 
  8. What is your eye color? Hazel
  9. Scary movie or happy endings? Always happy endings! I do NOT like scary movies and I never have!
  10. Favorite smells? Balsam! Suntan lotion! The smells of the ball park (even beer)!
  11. What's the farthest you've ever been from home? Syracuse, Italy!
  12. Do you have any special talents? Hmmm... I hoard knowledge and have loads of useless facts swirling around in my head. I don't know if that's a special talent...
  13. Where were you born? Vandenberg AFB Hospital, Lompoc, California
  14. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? I think it would be fabulous to be able to speak Italian (just because) and Gaelic (which is almost a dead language) because my ancestors are Scottish.
  15. What are your hobbies? Reading! I love to read! And as "mind-numbing" as it can be, I also like to watch TV. I enjoy good entertainment! I also enjoy blogging (which is why you're reading my blog!)
  16. Do you have any pets? Watson, an 11 year old Jack Russell Terrier! He's the absolute best!
  17. Do you have any siblings? One younger sister named Lindsey, she's the absolute best!
  18. What did you want to be when you grew up? I don't really remember what I wanted to be... besides a wife and a Mom. Nothing have ever really "grabbed" me and said "this is who you are supposed to be"... nothing beyond the idea of falling in love and being a wife... which, that's going so well... *sarcastic eye roll*
  19. Who was your best friend? When I was in preschool it was Nickolee, when I was in elementary school it was Ashley, when I was in middle school and high school it was Nickolee (again) and in college it was Kristen... and now that I'm an adult, my best friend(s) are my Mom and my younger sister Lindsey.
  20. How tall are you? I'm 5'5"
  21. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I don't like my physical appearance; I am too heavy. I'm trying to work on that but it's harder than I'd like it to be... honestly, this list could get long and maybe that's what I find the least favorite thing about myself?
  22. What is hard about being a parent? No clue. I'm not a parent!
  23. How many countries have you visited? Four (Italy, Germany, Canada & the United Kingdom)...but I've been to 35 states!
  24. What was your favorite/worst subject in high school? My favorite subject was History and my worst subject was Math!
  25. What is your favorite drink? Coffee!
  26. Favorite animal? My dog, Watson!
  27. Favorite perfume? Himalayan Blue by Crabtree & Evelyn; now it's sadly no longer in production.
  28. What would you (or have you) named your children? I like the name Michaela or Lyanna for a girl and the name Clark for a boy... 
  29. What sports do you play/have you played? I played softball and basketball throughout elementary and middle school; I also took dance for thirteen years.
  30. Who are some of your favorite brands? I'm not even kidding, I don't know that I have an answer for this. I don't have a favorite brand... 
  31. Favorite memory from childhood? Two things that stand out are being picked up by my Dad when I was very small. He'd just come in from outside & I remember his face was cold when I put mine against his. I also remember how he smelled... And I also fondly remember getting a Disney playset the Christmas I was... four? I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever had (and I still kind of think that...)
  32. How would you describe your fashion sense? Simple & Classic, I guess. I am not very risky with fashion choices...
  33. What phone do you have? iPhone 8 Plus
  34. Tell one of your bad habits! Selective responsibility... 
  35. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? I think that's still a work in progress and it might always be...
  36. Have you ever visited a country outside your continent? Yes! Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom
  37. Have you ever won a trophy or an award? I have won more than one spelling bee trophy as well as several participation trophies for softball growing up! 
  38. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Which one is your favorite? I have read all three series and Harry Potter is definitely my favorite, hands down.. no question about it!
  39. What is under your bed? Nothing! Dust bunnies!
  40. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? My 2:00 cup of coffee!
  41. What is something you are gifted at? I'm not sure but what I am NOT gifted at is telling people what I'm good at...
  42. What is the first movie you remember seeing? The Little Mermaid!
  43. What do you like about your home? I like a lot of things about my home but I most like that my home is in Virginia!
  44. What do you love about living in your neighborhood? The people I have been able to meet!
  45. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense of mess, what would you do? Well, since I live in a basement apartment, if there is no worry about expense then I'd build a house, ha-ha!
  46. What time do you usually get up in the morning? During the week I get up at 6:45... weekends, all bets are off!
  47. What time is your usual bed time? I get in the bed around 9:30 or 9:45 but I usually don't actually go to sleep until 10:30 or 11:00.
  48. 3 things that upset you? Mean people, unwanted children, being single...
  49. 3 things that make you happy? A good book, a good cup of coffee, a good movie...
  50. How is your relationship with your parents? I'd say I have a really good relationship with my parents (most of the time)
  51. What's on your mind? Too much... the future, choices I've made, wondering if I'm getting a cold...
  52. What's your talent? I can sing (although I don't do it very often) and I've also been told I'm very funny...if that's a talent??
  53. One word that describes you? Elaborate
  54. What's your favorite quote? I only recently read this & I love it: "You either exist in a state of shame about not fitting into society or you embrace what you have..." - Gwendoline Christie (I worry far too much about what other people think of me - so I feel this...)
  55. Are you an extrovert or introvert? 100% an Introvert!
  56. Are you left of right handed? Right handed!
  57. Do you consider yourself a good cook? I think I'm a very good cook!
  58. If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday? If money were no object, I'd travel the world for my next birthday!
  59. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I think I'd very much like to live in the UK or perhaps Washington DC!
  60. What's your favorite thing you have for breakfast? Coffee! I mean - I also like waffles and French toast and I especially like Cinnastacks Pancakes from IHOP.
  61. What's your favorite gadget? I absolutely love and cannot live without my iPhone (I know - pathetic)...
  62. What's your longest relationship so far? Almost two years!
  63. What is your biggest accomplishment? I'm a college graduate and I've also gotten my real estate license. 
  64. What is your biggest fear? Ending up alone.
  65. What is your biggest regret? Not standing up for myself more.
  66. What is the most important thing in your life? My family...although I guess that isn't a "thing"...
  67. Who is your favorite musician? Ramin Djawadi!
  68. What has required the most courage of you in your life so far? Getting up & going to the job that sucked the life out of me & made me extremely unhappy for almost four years... but I had bills to pay. I'm glad that chapter is done.
  69. Beach or mountains? Mountains!
  70. What is your favorite food? I love too many foods...especially Mexican, Italian and Chinese is really growing on me!
  71. What is your favorite fairy-tale? Beauty & the Beast!
  72. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint Chocolate Chip!
  73. What is your favorite Bible verse? Joshua 1:9 (...do not be afraid...)
  74. Where's your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? Skyline Drive is pretty fabulous but also to a Nationals game if it's baseball season!
  75. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? I loved TGIF (Family Matters, Step by Step, Full House...) and a cartoon called Santo Bugito!
  76. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head on? Avoid! Avoid! 
  77. Are you a fan of any sports teams? The World Series Champion Washington Nationals, the New Orleans Saints, the Mississippi State Bulldogs, the Washington Capitals...
  78. What is good about how you are living your life right now? I am making memories with my family.
  79. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? Money.
  80. Who has left the most impact on your life? My grandparents.
  81. What's the weirdest thing you've seen in your life? I once saw a man cruising down the side of the Interstate in the state of Alabama on snow skis that had roller skate wheels attached on either end... and he was propelling himself with ski poles...
  82. Who is the best teacher you've ever had? Mrs. Coward in elementary school, Mrs. Hurst in high school and Mrs. Morrow in college.
  83. Who is the biggest pat rack you know? My Dad!
  84. Who is the first person you call when something exciting happens? My Mom or little sister...
  85. Who is the first person you call when something horrible happens? My Mom or my little sister...
  86. Who is the worst boss you ever had? The boss in the soul sucking job outlined above...
  87. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I save certain cards and letters but most of them I throw away.
  88. Do you sleep with the lights on or off? Off! I like the darkness when I sleep!
  89. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Titanic!
  90. Do you have a garden? Nope. I am not good with plants.
  91. Do you have a hidden dream that you've never shared with anyone? Would it be a hidden dream if I shared it with someone? ;)
  92. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? My faith and my love for my family.
  93. Who sent the last text message you received? My friend, Meridith!
  94. Who was the last person you ate dinner with? My parents!
  95. What is your most embarrassing moment? Oh gosh - probably when I used the restroom @ my old job & the toilet got backed up - they had to call a plumber! In my defense, the office was in a house that was over 100 years old and had tragic plumbing...but still. The shame.
  96. What is something that amazes you? Unconditional love.
  97. What is at the top of your bucket list? Falling in love & getting married.
  98. What scares you about aging? Being alone & not being able to remember things...
  99. Would you ever consider living abroad? Definitely!
  100. What book are you reading at the moment? *gasp* Nothing at the moment!
Whoa. If you read all of this, kudos to you! That's a lot of questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment