Monday, April 15, 2019

Weekend Things - Mostly Baseball & Blooms

Well - this past weekend feels like it absolutely flew by! I suppose that might be because I felt like from the time I left work on Friday at 1:00, I almost always had something going on and felt like I was just constantly moving on to something... It was a good weekend and it was a busy weekend.

We made our way into DC on Friday afternoon under cloudy skies that kept intermittently dropping little smatterings of rain... luckily when we hopped off the Metro, it wasn't raining and so we wandered over to Ice Cream Jubilee at Yards Park to get our first scoops of the season; I chose a scoop of Sweet Cream & Honey and a scoop of Nats Red Velvet - they were both so deliciously yummy! There's a reason Ice Cream Jubilee has been the Washingtonian's Reader's Choice for Best Ice Cream for something like... 5 years in a row now!

Image may contain: dessert and food
Delicious ice cream & delightful views!
We wandered along the water front for just a bit - there was rain in the distance that could be seen across the river, but we got lucky that nothing really came down on us. Of course, I couldn't resist snapping some pictures as we made our way along the water front and toward the stadium.

Image may contain: bridge, plant, sky and outdoor

After waiting in line for about thirty minutes and dodging some intermittent rain showers, we were let into the ball park, where we collected our Juan Soto bobble heads and made our way into the Budweiser Brew House for dinner. I cheesed it up with my bobble head and then I also cheesed it up with my ear of street corn...ha-ha! My Mom said my dimple was working over time in these pictures...

Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, sitting

Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, smiling, eating, food and indoor

Once we finished our dinner, we perused the stadium and I snapped pictures of all the cherry blossoms in bloom - they will be the only cherry blossoms I see in DC this Spring, so they'll have to suffice! They did look gorgeous and I especially love that they highlight one of my favorite spots in DC! I also snapped a shot of the Friday night line-up before we made our way up the escalator to our seats on the third level - one of my favorite spots to sit!

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, sky, outdoor and nature Image may contain: plant, sky, tree, flower, outdoor and nature Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: sky, flower, plant and outdoor

The views from the third level really are fantastic because you can sit directly behind home plate and have the entire field spreading out in front of you, which I think is fantastic. Now - I'd love to one day literally sit behind home plate on the first level but that's like... #baseballgoals and all that jazz! I'm perfectly content to plop myself down on the third level and watch the games unfold from there! 

Image may contain: stadium, baseball, crowd, sky and outdoor

Amazingly - even though it was supposed to absolutely pour on Friday night, we managed to see the whole game and only had light rain showers that happened on and off throughout the game. It seemed like a real stroke of luck! Patrick Corbin pitched an absolutely excellent game, tallying up 12 strike outs on the night through seven innings - it was so fun to watch him pitching! The boys earned some runs, including a gorgeous home run courtesy of Anthony Rendon!

Image may contain: stadium, baseball, crowd and outdoor Image may contain: 1 person, smiling Image may contain: people playing sports, stadium and baseball

Unfortunately - the Nationals bull pen is something of a dumpster fire and so even though Patrick pitched an excellent game and the offense performed admirably, the bull pen took over and the game just went down in flames. *sigh* If that situation isn't remedied, it could be the nail in the coffin of this season. We caught the Metro home and I crawled into bed shortly after 12:00 - blegh. 

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, night and outdoor

I was up again shortly after 7:00 to sip my coffee and re-watch an episode of Schitt's Creek before getting ready to go about my morning! I recently became a licensed Realtor and was fortunate to find a wonderful office to sign with, so I spent my Saturday from 9:00 - 1:00 shadowing a fellow Realtor and dear friend so I could begin getting my bearings on all things real estate related! I'm excited to see where this journey might take me - it's definitely thrilling and exciting and a little anxiety inducing all at the same time - but I'm just going to take it day by day!

After an informative morning, I met up with my family at the downtown Walking Mall for a late lunch...that ended up going even later because our dining experience was sort of a nightmare! We were seated and ordered around 1:15 and by 2:10, I still didn't have any food - even though we all ordered sandwiches! I did finally get my food, another waitress stepped in and worked things out and I finally ate lunch around 2:20 and then headed home! I'm ashamed to say that going to sleep after 12:00 and waking up bright and early made me feel absolutely drugged for the rest of the day... pathetic, I know.




Once I got home I took a short nap and tried to get myself back on track - but I just never managed to feel like I wasn't slightly sleepy for the rest of the day. I made a trip to Lowe's (hence the gorgeous flower pictures) and Aldi before coming home to spend the rest of my Saturday afternoon and evening with a little outdoors time, a long bubble bath and some season five episodes of Schitt's Creek and a Ruby Red Margarita before crawling into bed around 10:15!

I slept so good and woke up around 8:15 on Sunday morning feeling so much more like myself! I used my glorious House Stark mug for my morning coffee since yesterday (April 14, 2019) after 565 days of waiting for the final season of Game of Thrones to arrive - the wait was over! It seemed only fitting that I used that perfect mug for my coffee, right? I went to church and then scooted across town to meet up with my friend Jennie to see Shazam - which was actually really enjoyable, but definitely a "different" super hero style movie.


I got home from the movies around 3:00 and spent the afternoon watching some Nationals baseball (that bull pen again... *sigh*), re-watching the season six finale of Game of Thrones and just generally getting myself ready for the week ahead. I took my lovely Sunday evening bubble bath, watched the Game of Thrones segment of 60 Minutes and then got myself some Game of Thrones themed Oreos, settled into the recliner and almost screamed with delight with the familiar notes of the Game of Thrones theme finally came booming out of my TV once again!


The episode was absolutely spectacular - y'all, I just could not get enough! I can't wait to watch it again, I can't wait to see what else the season has in store... I just can't wait! Even though I'm also worried that so many characters I love will die, I am looking forward to seeing this grand finale!

So - that was my weekend in a nutshell! This week is a four day work week, a three day weekend and Easter all rolled into one! I'm looking forward to it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment