Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Southwest Style Baked Chicken

I cooked something delicious last week y'all - it was so delicious and yummy and so I wanted to share this with you! It's a Southwest Style Baked Chicken dish that has just a few ingredients but they all come together to make a really delicious dish. 


What You Need
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
  • 1 can corn; drained
  • 1 can chopped green chilies
  • 8 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese; softened
  • 8 ounces of Monterrey Jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
What You'll Need to Do
  • Preheat the oven to 375
  • Mix the cream cheese, corn, green chilies, sour cream and one and a half cups of Monterrey Jack cheese together until well combined. 
  • Lay the chicken breasts in a large casserole dish. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chicken and sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top.
  • Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (the chicken should be at an internal temperature of 165 F)
  • Serve with your favorite side!


This dish was so yummy and I served it over my favorite Mexican rice to really tie in the Southwestern flavors and it was perfect! I had really large chicken breasts, so I ended up cooking my chicken for 60 minutes and it was the perfect time - so just judge the size of your chicken breasts accordingly when you bake them! 

The recipe I used also offered the option of garnishing the chicken with green onions or cilantro - and if either one of those is your thing, then add it right in there when you're whipping this dish up! I can guarantee you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment