Friday, April 5, 2019

Five on Friday


One. It's Raining - I spoke to a PR Rep this morning at the office and she was adamant that the fact that it was Friday balanced out the depressing nature of the rain falling outside... I don't know if that's always the case. There are days when I look forward to rain and today is not one of those days. Happily, the rain should be gone before the day ends - so I'll concentrate on that!

Image result for rain gif

Two. Weekend Plans - I've got to grab some additional goodies for a certain 4 year old's birthday tomorrow... and then tomorrow, I'll definitely be sleeping in because work this week has continued to be absolutely bananas... The family is headed to a birthday party for a family friend's 4 year old and then we plan to spend the afternoon and early evening in Harper's Ferry, WV. It's such a gem of a small town, especially the historic section of the town!

Related image

The town sits at the point where the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers meet and is just a delightful spot to explore, so I'm looking forward to that! I'm not sure what Sunday will hold beyond church service and lunch after... but I'm sure I'll find something to amuse myself. 

Three. The Obsession is Real - I'm pretty sure I've talked about Schitt's Creek enough on this blog in the past month.. but I cannot stress enough how much I am in love with this show! The story telling is genius; really smartly written with comedy and heart intertwined - it's just the best show. I recently read an article where the creator Dan Levy (that's him below...) mentioned when he envisioned the show, he was tired of "mean" comedy and shows where characters were left "in peril" at the end of each episode. 


I had not thought of that aspect of the show - but maybe that's also what makes it so enjoyable. The comedy is never at the expense of another character being hurt or put down and the show never leaves your characters in upsetting and tragic situations. The show also showcases some of the strongest relationships I've seen portrayed on TV - and that, alongside the comedy and heart make this show a real winner...especially when the world we live in today is so crazy!

Four. Nationals Baseball - The first six games of the 2019 season are in the bag and today is an off day for my team, so I figured I'd share a little about the season thus far. The Nationals currently sit at 3-3, so that's not fabulous... in fact, we sit tied in 3rd place in our division with the Braves... so there is plenty of room for improvement. Tuesday night Bryce Harper returned to Nationals Park as a Philadelphia Phillie...and the tweets from Church of Scherzer were hilarious...


What wasn't as hilarious were the loud boos that greeted Harper on his return - it made me a little ashamed of the Nationals fan base. Did he leave the Nationals for a division rival? He sure did, but you know - that's how baseball works and he spent some awesome years as a Nat! So watching that was hard... but it doesn't mean I didn't love seeing Scherzer strike him out - twice! The Nationals weekend is spent facing the New York Mets, before heading to the city of Brotherly Love next week to take on the Philadelphia Phillies!

Five. Sample Sale - Last but certainly not least on this dreary Friday... if you're looking for to pamper yourself, Perfectly Posh is having a special that started today! When you order just $49 of product, you'll receive the cute bag pictured below filled with samples of tons of Perfectly Posh products! It's the perfect way to find a favorite product (or two...)... Shop the deal at http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh


That's all I've got for this Friday! It's been a wild week (again)! The weekend hasn't even started yet and I'm already dreading it ending... so I guess I better do my best to soak it up while it lasts! Y'all have fun this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment