Friday, April 12, 2019

Five on Friday

Y'all - this week has been a little less insane! Hallelujah! All the praise hand emojis! I'm looking forward to an early exit from work today and I've got plans for a good weekend - so let's get down to this!


One. Weekend Plans - Well, I'm leaving work at 1:00 today to make the trek into DC for some Nationals baseball and I'm very excited about that! It's the first bobblehead game of the season and I'm ready to hop in the line, collect my Juan Soto bobble and watch some baseball... now if only the rain will hold off until after the game. *sigh* I've got some work-related things on Saturday morning...

Image result for shazam

Not sure yet what I'll get up to on Saturday afternoon but I'm hoping that after a late lunch around 1:00, the weather will be nice enough to do something outdoors! Sunday after church I'm meeting up with my friend Jennie, her BF and her son to go see Shazam - I'm a fan of Zachery Levi, so I can't wait to see this movie - I've heard mostly great things about it. Not sure how I'll past the rest of the afternoon but Sunday night shortly before 9:00 I'll be settling myself in to watch the SEASON EIGHT PREMIERE OF GAME OF THRONES!

Two. Nationals Baseball - The Nationals have had a bit of a shaky start...mostly because the bull pen is a flaming pile of garbage... but I'm hoping that they just need to get it together and they'll be alright. Wishful thinking maybe? As of right now, the Nationals are at 6-5 on the season and sitting in FOURTH place in the NL East which is definitely not great - but I'm thinking they can only go up! 


Tonight starts a three game weekend set with the Pittsburgh Pirates who are also at 6-5 coming into this series, so the teams should be pretty well matched. I'm looking forward to seeing Patrick Corbin pitch tonight, he's been pretty stellar so far! Once the weekend wraps up, the Nationals will have an off day on Monday, then take on the San Francisco Giants before heading out to play the Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies!

Three. Meme's & Giggles - I just love sharing all the funny things that made me laugh throughout the week! Meme's are sort of silly but when you're having a crazy day, sometimes just something small can make you laugh and some of these do just that! 

This is crazy accurate. The plastic bags are in the garage @ my house.
None of my friends are pregnant - but that's because most of them already have school age children.
Too accurate. Way too accurate.
This will only be funny if you watch Game of Thrones... but it's hilarious if you do...
I could probably include so many more things that made me giggle this week, but I'll stop with those four and move on the point number four!

Four. Reese's Pieces Snack Mix - I made a little snack mix I found on Pinterest this week for my women's Bible study this past Wednesday night and it was a big hit! I mean - I honestly think you can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate ever - so I thought I'd share the super easy recipe with you! 


Reese's Snack Mix
  • One container peanut butter filled pretzel bites
  • One large bag of Reese's Pieces
  • One bag semisweet chocolate chips
  • One bag peanut butter chips
  • One bag of Reese's miniature peanut butter cups
  • One container salted peanuts
You literally dump everything in a bowl, mix it together really good and then commence to eating it like a crazy person, ha-ha!

Five. Game of Thrones is BACK - It has been almost a full year and a half since the seventh season of Game of Thrones ended and the wait for this final season has been a LONG one. It seems like the fandom as a whole have been waiting forever...looking for little sneaks and slips from the filming for months now. Well - the wait is almost over because the final season premieres Sunday night at 9:00 and I could not be more excited!

Image result for jon snow gif
This moment gives me chills EVERY TIME I SEE IT. You're welcome.
I do feel like the whole thing is bittersweet - I can't wait to see how the series plays out but it's also sad knowing that once the next six weeks pass, it's over for good. The whole spectacle of Game of Thrones has been so much fun to watch and be a part of as a fan - I don't know that there will every be another TV show that can come close to what Game of Thrones has been in pop culture.

If you've never watched, I'd highly recommend jumping on the bandwagon - it's just hands down the most well produced show that has ever graced television and I truly think it will leave you speechless. I've never recommended it to anyone and not had them come back to me 1000% converted to the epic majesty of this show. So here's to the final season - may it be everything I've hoped for and may everyone not be dead when the dust and dragon fire settles. 

*************************************************

That's all for this weekend - y'all enjoy your weekend and let me know if you'll be watching the final season premiere of Game of Thrones too!

No comments:

Post a Comment