Monday, April 1, 2019

I'm No April Fool

It's April 1st - which means that March has moved on and April has arrived in all it's frigid glory. That's right, it's freezing here in Northern Virginia as we make the slow crawl toward warmer weather. I've never been a huge fan of April 1st because it's April Fools Day and I don't really find practical jokes to be that fun. What a bummer I am, right? 

This past weekend arrived in the nick of time - because the work week was crazy hectic! Once I left work, I joined my parents for dinner and had a delicious Pineapple Smash with my meal - it was so tasty! I'd love to say I spent the evening doing something wildly exciting but I perused Hobby Lobby, Home Goods and then went home to watch The Great British Baking Show and Schitt's Creek before having a really restless night of sleep. 

Pineapple Smash - yes please!
Saturday was a pretty easy going day - I literally have one picture from the entire day because I honestly didn't get up to too much on Saturday! I tried to sleep in since it seemed like it was almost 1:00 AM before I stopped tossing and turning, but I woke up around 7:00 AM and never could really fall back asleep... so coffee on my couch with my puppy by my side was welcome. 

The weather on Saturday was gorgeous and so after getting myself put together, I walked my sweet pup around the block at a very leisurely pace... I think he sniffed every blade of grass... and then we visited some sweet neighbors for a few minutes before my Mom and I went to see Dumbo and make a quick Wal-Mart run! I spent late afternoon working on some blog posts and watching Netflix, then we took Watson along on our dinner run to Panda Express and passed the rest of the evening watching more Netflix: The Great British Baking Show and Schitt's Creek - before crashing pretty early!

My sweet pup enjoying some Saturday evening snuggles. 
Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day - but it was also insanely windy and the wind was brutally cold! My Mom and I went to church and then had a delicious lunch at Mission BBQ (my Dad is suffering from the dreaded man cold...) before spending a few hours of the afternoon relaxing. As the early afternoon arrived, we headed out to Long Branch Plantation to pop into an art show that was being exhibited - but it wasn't quite what we expected. Misleading information made us believe it was come and go...but it seemed the event was a three hour tour with the artist speaking about each of his paintings on display. Oops! We looked at the paintings - which were absolutely gorgeous - and then headed back out to the car to make our escape!


Forsythia in bloom - everywhere!
Peeping at the house...
We left Long Branch for Evelyn's birthday party and as we were heading down the road from Long Branch, we encountered a man dressed in khaki's and a blue t-shirt that raced toward the road with a lunatic grin on his face... My Mom slammed on the brakes because we were certain he was going to run into the road, but as he topped the hill he slowed to a stop and threw his thumb into the air in that familiar hitchhiker gesture...all while keeping the same crazed expression on his face. My mom floored it and we left him in our dust... it was SO WEIRD. We laughed until we had tears running down our face...

Working on airplane flight paths with Amelia...
Tongues out to not being the birthday girl!
I thought she made a perfect little present.
The sweet little birthday girl shared pizza, gummi bear themed treats and chips with us and then happily opened all of her presents with little squeals of delight and excitement. I played with Amelia on and off during the opening of the presents because she's not quite five and she just wants to help - but her help is not needed since Evelyn is trying to get the hang of opening her presents. We surmised that Amelia would fit perfectly into one of the gift bags - and that was a delightful distraction!

The birthday girl - relaxing in her chair with Moana!
Blowing out the candles.
I'll leave you with this video of Amelia bursting out of the birthday bag to wish her little sister a happy birthday! I can't believe that March is over and we're already into April - that's wild y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment