Monday, April 8, 2019

Saturday - That's All I've Got

It's Monday once more and the weather is pretty much glorious today - alas - I am gazing at the glorious day through my office windows. I did just tell a client that I thought I had the best office solely because I had the most windows - and it's true - two walls of my office are windows, so I can view Spring as it unfurls outside my windows! 

The weather during this past weekend was pretty perfect - the temperatures hovered around 75 and the sky was blue with fluffy little clouds! Granted, Friday night was a rainy mess and a bit chilly too but after dinner at Chili's and a quick swirl around Costco - I spent most of Friday night indoors, so the rain wasn't a big deal. 

Saturday didn't dawn gorgeous but once the clouds burned off around 11:00, the rest of the day was spectacular! We had an early lunch at Firehouse Subs before heading into Wild and Wonderful West Virginia to attend a little person's birthday party - it was Peppa Pig themed and all I know about that show is apparently it's causing little Americans to speak with a British accent - and that's delightful! I snuggled the birthday girl's baby sister and visited with friends...and took not one picture of anything.

Once the party was over, we headed up the road about twenty minutes to Harper's Ferry to wander around - it's a lovely little spot and with the perfect weather, it was a great way to spend a couple hours on Saturday afternoon/evening... so I've shared those pictures below!

The Shenandoah River...




Jefferson Rock!






Once we were done exploring Harper's Ferry; my Dad and I "hiked" to Jefferson Rock and perused the ruins of an old church positioned on the side of the hill, we made our way back toward the great state of Virginia with a quick stop at Bolivar Heights. We thought we'd be able to see the Shenandoah River from the tall embankment but no such luck - I still snapped a picture of canons though!


We had Five Guys for dinner and honestly - I made the mistake on Saturday of not drinking nearly enough water. I drink something like 98-100+ ounces of water a day during the work week #allthebathroombreaks and I've come to discover that when I don't repeat that on the weekends, by Sunday morning I develop a raging headache. Saturday night I thought I'd make up for it by drinking a quick 16 ounces before bed - but Sunday dawned around 5:30 with a pounding headache and concerns that I'd be needing to be sick...

I almost got my headache under control before church - I was dressed and ready - and then some cologne absolutely set my head off again; it was like a sledgehammer to my frontal lobe and I had to tap out. I spent the next few hours lying on my couch in the dim of my living room, watching Kit Harrington on SNL and sipping down water. The headache finally began to abate around 2:00 and I was able to enjoy the afternoon!


The weather was glorious on Sunday - so I wandered around the neighborhood with my pup, we spent time in the backyard and the front yard and more... I watched a little bit of the Nationals game but when the bullpen came in, I had to look away. *shivers* I cleaned up and organized my life ahead of the upcoming work week, did a little reading in my swinging chair and just generally enjoyed the afternoon and evening. I even watched some bits and pieces of Game of Thrones - the final season premieres in less than a week!

It wasn't a riveting weekend - but it was a good weekend. And now I'm trying to savor the work week while looking forward to another weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment