Monday, January 28, 2019

Meme Monday & More Musing on Dresses...

Well - this post started as a Five on Friday post, then I got busy...and then distracted...and then I was sitting at home binge watching Netflix and Friday was gone. So now I'm here on this lovely but absolutely brisk Monday morning with not much to report for the weekend except some meme's that I found funny and all the dresses I loved from the SAG Awards. Thrilling - right?


Does anyone else feel this way about January? I try to start the new year with this very excited and optimistic outlook...but January always seems to drag on for days and days and days...and ends up feeling like it's three months long, ha-ha! 


Could that be any more accurate? I think not - it hits the nail on my head. 


I saw this online during the weekend and immediately cackled... because it's a perfect representation of my younger sister and I. And in case you were wondering, I am NOT Harley Quin...ha-ha! My younger sister is definitely more of a "ball-buster" than I am!


I'm definitely a raccoon - I mean, there is no better description of me as a person than that little picture above! I sent this meme to my younger sister and she immediately sent back the laughter and tears emoji - because it's just true. 


I got hit by a semi-truck about five years ago and honestly; if I'd already disliked passing them - being hit by one made it that much worse. So when I came across this meme, it related to me on a deeply personal level.

******************************************************************

My weekend - as mentioned - was not riveting. Friday night I managed to get in my exercise, took my Dad out to eat Mexican food and then came home and binge-watched a couple episodes of Medici: Masters of Florence on Netflix. Saturday morning I met up with my co-workers to attend the funeral and reception for our bosses' father; the funeral was very touching and the reception was a nice way to visit with everyone while remembering his father. 

I spent Saturday afternoon watching Mercury Rising; a less than stellar documentary about Queen on Amazon Prime... I exercised, had dinner with my Dad at Cracker Barrel and then watched an episode of Mr. Robot before reading for the rest of the night. Sunday after church, my Dad and I met up with my Mom and some family friends for lunch and then passed the afternoon and evening with the finale of Outlander, exercise, doing some laundry, having dinner and taking my beloved Sunday evening bubble bath before watching Victoria and catching the end of the SAG Awards. 

********************************************************************

I didn't watch the SAG Awards beyond the last five minutes, but I kept up with the running list of winners on Twitter, ha-ha! I was honestly just waiting to see who won Best Actor and my new personal favorite, Rami Malek did win for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury and that just tickles me so much! 

I do love looking to see what the stars wear on the red carpet - and the favorites from last night; for me, are below!

Amy Adams - love this! It's perfect!
Emily Blunt - she always looks fabulous!
Margot Robbie - love the white & silver!
Elisabeth Moss - this butter colored ballgown is gorgeous!
Rachel Weisz - this dress *might* be my favorite though!
And of course, there are always plenty of dresses that make you scratch your head... but the only one that really boggled my mind last night was the one below...

Lupita Nyong'o - I'm not sure what this is supposed to be....
And so there's this Monday afternoon's musings on dresses, meme's that amused me and random rambling on the final weekend of January! 



No comments:

Post a Comment