Monday, January 7, 2019

Honestly - Let's Talk About Dresses...

Hello all - it's Monday! I had a good weekend...but what I do not have from that good weekend are any pictures! It was honestly a really low key weekend and nothing really lent itself to snapping pictures! 

Friday started early for me - we were able to leave the office around 3:00 and that let me go home and get in some exercise before we headed out to dinner for the evening! I joined my parents for dinner at Chili's and then once we returned home, I curled up on my couch and watched Night at the Museum - nothing too gripping, but I've seen bits and pieces on TV throughout the past month and I wanted to finally see the entire movie. It was cute, amusing and enjoyable...

I slept in on Saturday, then had breakfast and of course - my beloved coffee! I found my inner beast mode and did 45 minutes on the elliptical before getting myself together to meet my friend Katie for a late lunch. We talked for almost two hours over lunch at Applebee's and just had a great time catching up with each other! I left my late lunch and met up with my parents at the mall to see Instant Family, which was such a touching movie - it had laughs and tears! My Dad grilled burgers for dinner and I rounded out the evening with Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb and an episode of The Great British Baking Show!

Sunday morning was a gorgeous day - the weather was lovely, blue skies, fluffy clouds and temperatures that hovered around 55! After attending a rousing church service, we had a delicious roast for lunch and then my Mom and I settled in for a new episode of Outlander! I wandered the neighborhood in the sunshine with my precious pup, spent some time on the elliptical and did some tidying up/organizing in my living room and bathroom! After having pizza for dinner and taking my favorite Sunday night bubble bath, I settled down to watch The Golden Globes.

And - that's where my title comes from, because I love nothing more than looking at all the gorgeous dresses that the women wear...and of course, some of the less fortunate. I've always enjoyed watching awards shows - while I definitely think actors are grossly overpaid - I absolutely love the movies and I just enjoy awards show season! So - my favorite dresses of the night?

Constance Wu - I love this blush shade & the orange belt is fun!
Emily Blunt - I don't know if she ever wears a "wrong" thing.
Rachel Brosnahan - How gorgeous is this yellow?? I love it!
Lucy Boynton - I am all about this gold; it's fabulous!
And let's be honest - there are always some dresses that are hits and misses. There is only one dress that stands out in my mind from last night as a major miss (for me, at least...).

Rachel Weisz - there is such a thing as too many ruffles & this is it!
I enjoyed watching the Globes, although it got a little tiresome near the end when they'd present an award...then go to commercials...present an award...then go to commercials. It was totally worth it though to see Rami Malek win Best Actor and shockingly... to see Bohemian Rhapsody win Best Picture! I also squealed audibly when Richard Madden won for The Bodyguard - he's the original King in the North, y'all (any Game of Thrones people out there?)

I finally crawled into bed around 11:30 and could NOT get to sleep! I'm honestly not sure how I'm still going full steam ahead at almost 5:00 in the afternoon! I'm looking forward to my bed tonight though, I do know that! Adios for now y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment