Friday, January 4, 2019

Five on Friday

Just like that - another year has begun - and I feel like I'm still playing catch up on the end of last year! I don't have a lot on my mind on this first Friday of 2019 (still getting used to writing that out, some things never change...) so I thought I'd wrap up the last few lingering pictures and anecdotes from the end of the year!


One. Weekend Plans - It's the first weekend of the new year...what to do? What to do? I honestly don't have much up my sleeve on this one and I feel like that seems par for the course, the winter months always seem the slowest! I am getting lunch with one of my sweet friends on Saturday and might pop over to catch a movie later on Saturday afternoon, but the only thing that's concrete is the lunch date! I also need to get started on the new Bible study for my ladies group...

Two. A Friday Night Sunset - Last Friday evening the sunset was absolutely gorgeous; it rained almost all day (it's set to do that again today... *sigh*) but the rain had stopped by the time the sun began to set. We were heading out to get dinner at Hunter's Head Tavern and my little sister snapped this picture of the gorgeous pinks, purples and blues strewn across the evening sky. I sometimes think the winter season provides the best sunsets!


Three. Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake - As I mentioned above, we had a delicious dinner at Hunter's Head Tavern, a favorite spot for everyone in our family. The tavern was originally built as a log cabin by a Scottish settler to Virginia in 1750 and the house was added on to, remodeled and fortified throughout the years! They serve traditional pub fare with ingredients sourced from local farms and my go to dish is the baked macaroni and cheese, which is always scrumptious! I also had a slice of the seasonal Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake and it was to die for! *sigh* Writing about all that good food has my mouth watering... 


Four. The Best of Friends - When my sister arrived home for Christmas vacation, it was the first time she'd been home in almost a year...and with her much shorter hair, her coat and hat on... Watson took one look at her, growled and yipped and took us all off guard! Once she began talking to him, he remembered that she is one of his favorite people and then spent most of the next ten days happily in her company. I snapped this picture of him curled up alongside her one night, where he stayed for probably at least an hour...


Five. The Golden Globes - Sunday night, the Golden Globes come on and yes... I'm one of those people that love watching the pageantry and most importantly, the gorgeous dresses that the ladies wear! I've got my eye on a couple awards: I loved Lady Gaga in A Star is Born, so I'm hoping she wins her award...and while I loved both Bradley Cooper in A Star is Born and Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody, I think Rami gave the better performance and I hope he wins... otherwise, I'm just watching for the clothes!

Image result for golden globes 2019

So - that's what I've got for this first Friday in the month of 2019! Hopefully now I'm all caught up and back in the swing of things for 2019! Can y'all believe another year is in full swing? Normally I find myself dreading a new year...what with the sort of "let down" after the sparkle and shine of the Christmas season, but this year I am looking forward to what 2019 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment