About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

Fitness Friday

Me - this week. *sigh*
Well here we are - it's (finally) Friday again! I don't know about you but this week has seemed long and I definitely have struggled this week to feel pumped to walk! I'm hoping this feeling passes because I really was enjoying my walking and the past few weeks I've just felt...blah.

I will say - yesterday I really didn't want to walk but I made myself get started...and then I told myself I only had to do a mile. But somewhere around .75 this really good feeling kicked in, I told myself that I really didn't have to do that much more to get a mile...and then I could just keep going and make 2 miles. And you know what? I did!

I don't know what makes the difference from one day to the next - maybe Thursday's walk was easier because it was sunny and cool outside and I just felt good? I don't know. I know I've got to keep it up because I'm still miles away (pun completely intended) from my goal. A day at a time...a day at a time.
Because red & neon orange are always the perfect colors together, right?
My little walking beast - he usually stays way ahead of me, pulling me on!
Also - speaking from experience - maybe don't think that since you're at the end of a cul de sac no one can hear you loudly singing/rapping "Goin Down for Real"...because while (thankfully) no one heard me putting on my show, I had my mouth wide open just a singing...and yea, bugs fly into your mouth like that. They do. And then you freak out, jump around, gag and start gasping for breath - and that's always SUPER helpful to your exercising. So...maybe sing in your head. Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment