Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday Dinner - Mississippi Pot Roast

So - I promised I wasn't posting a pasta recipe this week and I have lived up to my promise! I have seen this Mississippi Pot Roast posted all over the place: Pintrest, Facebook, Instagram...okay, maybe not Instagram, but you get what I'm saying!

Every single post talked about how easy and delicious this was, so I decided I'd give it a shot and see if it was just as easy and delicious as everyone was saying. The verdict - completely true. It was so easy to make and definitely easy to eat, because it was tender, juicy and tasty! It's definitely been added to my rotation of things to cook!

5 Ingredients - Seriously.
What You Need

- 1 Roast (mine was rump roast but you can also use chuck roast or round roast)
- 1 stick butter (yep...a whole stick. Live large!)
- Peperoncini peppers
- 1 packet Ranch dip or dressing mix
- 1 packet Brown gravy mix

Before the heat has done it's noble work...
And after! Hellloooo delicious!
What You Do

- Put the roast in the crock pot. Sprinkle on the Ranch and Brown gravy packets. Put peppers around the roast, you can put some on top too! Place the whole stick of butter directly on top of the roast.

- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your roast.

- Enjoy!

This was completely yummy!

See - it couldn't get much easier than that! And let me assure you; if you're worried about not having any liquids in with the meat, don't! There will be more than enough good gravy-like yumminess that you won't know what to do with it all. Of course...putting it on some mashed potatoes certainly is a good idea!

This roast was flavorful and moist and I was so happy with how well it turned out! If you're looking for a crowd pleaser that won't take hours (or minutes...it really takes only 5 minutes) to prepare, do this. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment