About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 4, 2015

Fitness Friday

This is so true it's scary...

I don't really have a lot to report this week - I feel like I've been slacking but I guess life has been happening and perhaps that's no excuse (I hear you...person that says I should have gotten up at 5 AM & done it...) but it is what it is. 

And - not to throw it in your face or anything...but I still lost 2.5 pounds this week, so I'm obviously still doing just fine. Thank you very much!

So today is mostly rambling on my part and a couple pictures to distract you from my rambling...you're welcome.

Oh look...I'm about to wear a hole right through the top of my shoes...
It's hard to tell but I'm also wearing the soles down...
Apparently if you actually work out (which I haven't done consistently...probably ever) on a continuous basis, you are supposed to replace your shoes every 2-3 months. I completely get that now and I guess I'm going to have to start searching for replacement sneakers soon. I have worn holes in the toe of both sneakers...it's only a matter of time before the hole wears right on through the mesh top and then what?

I've also noticed a pretty distinct wear pattern on the soles of my shoes. It's hard to see in the picture I took but I can definitely tell that I favor my right foot to my left and I also favor the outside edge of my foot. It's pretty crazy what you notice just by really looking at your sneakers.

Also...confession: I went to a baseball game last night and I ate ball park food. *GASP* I did; I had cheese fries and boy they were delicious! They were so delicious I couldn't even finish them but I can't really feel bad about eating them because my Mom and I probably lapped Nationals Park at least twice in full and then some more...so I easily walked at least a mile in the course of the evening, so it all evens out - right?


All new clothes - and yes, all in black. So what?!?
I don't have a "picture" this week so to speak, so I'll leave you with the one above from last week in Mississippi. I'm wearing my new (size smaller) jeans and a new shirt and I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. I'll be back next week to share another progress picture...until then...sorry I rambled, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment