Friday, September 18, 2015

Fitness Friday

I'm eventually going to run out of these goofy Someecards that relate to fitness and then where will we be?

I'm obviously asking the hard questions with this post - aren't I?

It's actually 8 lbs even - so I've got a little leeway...
I don't have one of those pictures today...so maybe next week's picture will blow your mind? I suppose it might not blow your mind though; we're going to DC for the weekend and it just so happens to be Taste of DC, so that could be dangerous. I'm also bound and determined to get myself something from Ice Cream Jubilee.

Granted - I'm also pretty certain there will be plenty of walking involved in the weekend too, so I'd like to think that it will all balance out somewhere along the way, right? I mean, between traversing Nationals Park on Friday night, wandering all over Andrews AFB (is it an AFB???) on Saturday and following that with wandering all over DC on Saturday evening...and some more on Sunday...I think we'll be fine. 

If I walk to Ice Cream Jubilee - it's all good...yeah?

Ha - love it. 

So - in lieu of a picture for this post, I thought I'd talk about a couple of "changes" that have occurred since I decided I'd eat better and exercise....and I don't just mean a change in the size jeans I'm buying.

Sleep - Honestly, sleep in hands down one of my favorite activities in the world. I am not ashamed to admit it. I love getting in the bed at the end of the day, so much so that I usually "go to bed" around 9:30 and just revel in laying in the bed. It's true folks. And since I've started my little journey to self-improvement, I have been sleeping SO much better...and there is nothing not to love about that!

Headaches - I used to get headaches all the time. All the time. I'm talking at least 3-4 times a week. It was ridiculous and both a literal and figurative pain...I took Excedrin Migraine like it was candy and I can be the first to tell you; I'm sure that is NOT ideal. I am 100% honest when I tell you since I adjusted me eating habits, started drinking massive quantities of water and walking on an (almost) daily basis, I have had maybe 4 headaches...total. Not in a week. And I can assure you, I don't miss them!


Overall, I feel better in general. I have more energy, I feel better on a day to day basis and of course, I feel better about myself with each passing day. I certainly still struggle some days with not having any desire to get outside and get walking, but usually once I'm out the door that all goes away. I'm so glad I decided to begin working (walking?) toward bettering myself - and those two changes are just two of the many reasons why!

No comments:

Post a Comment