About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday Dinner - Cracked Out Chicken Pasta Bake

I promise that I know how to cook more things than just pasta - I really do. I also promise if you look back, I don't just post recipes about pasta. Really.

However, I do really like pasta. I would guess that isn't really a confession though since if you look back, it's obvious. Regardless, I found this recipe on the Plain Chicken website and since I had some time on my hands today I decided to cook it.

Oops - one too many eggs in the picture....
What You Need*
-8 ounces elbow macaroni
-10 ounces Alfredo sauce
-4 ounces sour cream
-7.5 ounces ricotta cheese
-1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
-1 egg
-1 can all white meat chicken, shredded
-1/2 pouch bacon pieces
-1 cup mozzarella cheese
-1 cup cheddar cheese

*I halved this recipe, so that's why some of the amounts might seem a little wonky. So, double it. Or don't.
Before...During...After...
Noodles taking a dive into sauce...
What To Do

-Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and set aside.

-In a large bowl, mix together all other ingredients reserving 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Combine well with drained noodles.

-Top the pasta mixture with the reserved 1/2 cup of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Cook in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

-Enjoy!

Before the oven...
And after the oven! 
So - there you have it. It's really easy and it's absolutely delicious. I was pretty much certain it would be delicious because I haven't ever cooked anything from the Plain Chicken website that isn't so good. So, if you are like me and you too love pasta - you can cook this too.

And if you don't like pasta, hang around...I promise I'll post something not pasta related that I cooked at some point.

Doesn't it look good - because it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment