Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday Dinner - Cracked Out Chicken Pasta Bake

I promise that I know how to cook more things than just pasta - I really do. I also promise if you look back, I don't just post recipes about pasta. Really.

However, I do really like pasta. I would guess that isn't really a confession though since if you look back, it's obvious. Regardless, I found this recipe on the Plain Chicken website and since I had some time on my hands today I decided to cook it.

Oops - one too many eggs in the picture....
What You Need*
-8 ounces elbow macaroni
-10 ounces Alfredo sauce
-4 ounces sour cream
-7.5 ounces ricotta cheese
-1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
-1 egg
-1 can all white meat chicken, shredded
-1/2 pouch bacon pieces
-1 cup mozzarella cheese
-1 cup cheddar cheese

*I halved this recipe, so that's why some of the amounts might seem a little wonky. So, double it. Or don't.
Before...During...After...
Noodles taking a dive into sauce...
What To Do

-Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and set aside.

-In a large bowl, mix together all other ingredients reserving 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Combine well with drained noodles.

-Top the pasta mixture with the reserved 1/2 cup of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Cook in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

-Enjoy!

Before the oven...
And after the oven! 
So - there you have it. It's really easy and it's absolutely delicious. I was pretty much certain it would be delicious because I haven't ever cooked anything from the Plain Chicken website that isn't so good. So, if you are like me and you too love pasta - you can cook this too.

And if you don't like pasta, hang around...I promise I'll post something not pasta related that I cooked at some point.

Doesn't it look good - because it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment