Monday, November 4, 2013

Week In Review Whiplash...

Monday night...it's already Monday night! November is here and that (unfortunately) means that work has become insanely hectic and will stay that way till the end of the year. Thankfully that makes the (work) days pass quickly but it does leave me feeling a little bit like my brain has been put in a blender and spun around on high by the time Friday at 5 arrives. Whoosh! Today is only Monday afternoon and I already kind of feel like that. Oh no...

Without further ado...the past week in review! Hey - I rhymed! I'm a poet and I didn't know it!

I'm talented - quite talented indeed.
You see - it takes a special skill level to cut into your own hand. I was busy trying to cut up an old Burger King gift card (thanks parents - the burgers were delicious!) and just cut right through the card and into my hand! Good job Natalie! Thankfully I had some antibiotic ointment and band-aids in my purse; a sure sign I belong to Ginger Summerlin, I'm always ready for calamity with first aid supplies! She raised me well. Plus - bonus points to me for having not just band-aids...but sassy band-aids!


Amazing, right?

A package all the way from the Bahamas, by way of Virginia!

The Bahamas half of the package!
My parents went to the Bahamas for their 31st anniversary (Congrats parents!) and sent both Lindsey and I a box full of goodness! The boxes were not just gifts from the Bahamas but also had some Halloween goodies and soup! I love soup - we've discussed this, I'm a big fan. The Bahamas goodies were: a Senor Frog t-shirt, an ornament from Atlantis, a dolphin necklace, a bobbing head turtle, a glass dolphin, a hand-made rooster purse and coconut coffee...which let me tell you, is divine! The Halloween portion of the box was: a glow in the dark skeleton necklace, owl slippers, a chocolate pumpkin, a Cadbury scream egg, Peeps! ghosts and a card. The box also included two big bags of Chicken Enchilada soup mix and three small single serving soup mixes! I'm a lucky girl, that is the truth!

The Halloween/Soup half of the package!

Watson and the hoot owl pillows...that he apparently loves...
I must confess, I thought Watson was afraid of the hoot owl pillows. Once they'd been set out on the couch he always made sure to get right in the center - not too close to either pillow. Finally, on Monday night when he jumped onto the couch, I held a pillow in his face and said "are you afraid of this pillow???" He looked at me for a moment, then licked the pillow on the beak and sat down beside it. I suppose that was his way of saying "does it look like I'm scared of an owl pillow?" He has more personality in his little 19 pound body than most full-grown people do!


This forecast looks like it came out of a horror movie...

Tuesday - see how important that ointment was?

Waiting for me to come home on Tuesday afternoon....

Not a positive sign when your pumpkin is this moldy two days before Halloween....

Wednesday morning sunrise....

Office stress = lots more office sweets. Oh no....

Halloween morning & the pumpkin was done for. At least he made it to the morning, right?
My Mom bought Watson a hoot owl costume for this Halloween and I was just certain that since it had ears that he had to wear, he'd be quite irritated and want nothing to do with it. When I tried it on him for the trial run, he did really well and actually seemed to enjoy having his costume on. It poured rain here on Halloween and so I just put him in his costume to take some pictures - but he knows that if he has on an outfit, it usually means he is getting to go somewhere and bless his heart, he headed for the door, ready to show off his costume. He wanted people to see his hoot owl costume...but it was too wet. We took our pictures and then had soup while we watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and he seemed to be consoled. He was even more consoled on Saturday when he got to show off his costume to Nanny - where he paraded and preened through her living room while she stifled hoots of laughter at him! I'm telling you - more personality than some people...all in one little dog!

Ok - I'm ready to go out...let's get this show on the road!

I will get NO closer to these metal pumpkins...they freak me out!

I'm a cutie hootie! Happy Halloween!

I'm dressed as a stressed out 29 year old; I think I nailed the look, don't you?

My ears fell off...I'm done now.

Bowls of coffee...always an excellent idea.
As mentioned above - work is going to be insanely hectic for me for the next 2 months. Stressed out people become snappy people and so if you happen to think of me, say a prayer for me. I don't want to be eaten alive at work this holiday season; it kind of has a way of killing the festivities! 


This tree is on fire!!

My pup, who has brilliant taste in television programming and was ready to watch Dracula on Friday night!

Tis the season...gobble gobble!

Saturday afternoon nap(s). Almost as wonderful as Sunday afternoon naps.

The Hound of Baskervilles wasn't his favorite episode of Sherlock. Go figure! 

Autumn color all over the place! 

Christmas color everywhere...in other places! All the seasons just jam together a little bit, huh?

I feel your pain kid...but hey, Monday is actually over! 
Well - that's all for now! I hope you had a calmer Monday than I did and I hope you have a great week. I'm going to do my best to do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment