Monday, November 25, 2013

Counting Down the Days

It's Monday - which...this week, while my Monday is actually Monday...my Tuesday will be my Friday. I love interesting weeks like this. I love them mostly because it means only two days of work and five days of freedom. I don't love knowing that the next day and a half will probably pass slower than molasses. Trust me on this - when you're anticipating something, the time ahead of that ticks down to slower than slow...I'm experiencing it now. Having shared that thought...a look back at the week I've just finished. Mostly pictures, maybe a story of two.

Monday evening skies...absolutely beautiful!

My college jump drive. I found it Monday night....still haven't put it in the computer to see what might be on it...

Using my cooking skills to make a cake for an office mate's birthday - I dedicated a whole post to it!

I went to Ross on Monday with the big idea that I'd get some dresses. A co-worker went late last week and found four dresses for just $57, so I had big plans to do the same thing. Well...I guess everyone and their Mother had come to Ross to do the same thing because I found nothing. Nada. Not a single dress. I mean, I found dresses but they were NOT cute and looked like something a great-grandma would wear. Since dresses were a bust, I went for the old stand-by: shoes and purses. I didn't find any shoes, which is a miracle in and of itself because I love me some shoes and can go nuts...but I did find the awesome purse pictured below. I wasn't sure at first...so I walked around a little longer, but it was calling my name. And was only $25. I also rationalized that if people got in my way in the airport, I could poke them with it. Ha-ha! So there you have it. 


My new purse - I call it Spike...because well, I think that's obvious.

I need some of these trees in my yard....so much color!

Watson loves to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cooking fail - supposed to be a quesadilla....just looks like burnt, smashed crap. 

Oh cooking fails - we all have them. Wednesday night I thought I'd really be crafty and use the leftover Mexican rice and black beans that I had to make a really delicious quesadilla; it seemed like an excellent idea and so I set out to accomplish it. Well...it didn't really translate quite as well as I'd planned. I had 4 tortillas left and I ended up trashing the first go. You see, the tortilla was in shreds, half stuck to my pan and the other half mangled beyond recognition and all the filling flung out in the pan and scorched. Attempt two went just a little bit better but the end result was far from pretty...and I may have set the smoke alarm off in my attempt with number two. Granted, my smoke alarm goes off when you look at it funny...but all in all, not exactly a success in the kitchen. I told my Dad the next day that I really just need one of those quesadilla makers and all my problems would be solved!


More colorful trees! There's a reason why Autumn is my favorite.

Tis the season...for all things awesome. And these certainly fit that description 100%

Wednesday - the day I arrive in VA. Let me proceed to pack every scarf I own...good grief!

Update: There is now a 100% chance of snow/rain in DC. Also, it might snow here - in Mississippi! So, if you'd like to please pray for safe traveling weather this week, I greatly appreciate it. I'm headed out early Wednesday morning from Meridian, through Atlanta and into DC. I'd love to not have any issues - flying alone stresses me out; flying with delays and difficulties makes me come unglued. Blegh.


This would be nice - can I have this for Christmas?

Such delicious food for supper on Friday night, with the company of a wonderful friend!

I have been having a major Olive Garden craving for weeks now. It is probably in large part because I had a $25 gift card that a sweet friend sent me for my birthday and it was just hanging out in my wallet, begging me to use it to buy some delicious pasta. I finally wrangled a friend into going to eat supper on Friday night and I'm so glad I did. This girl loves some Italian food and Friday night did not disappoint! I got the Mozzarella Smoked Chicken (I think that is what it was called....) and it was divine: cream sauce, bites of chicken and red peppers. So yummy! Since my friend was celebrating her birthday a day early, she got some pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and shared a few bites - and let me tell you, that didn't disappoint either. It was moist with a delicious flavor and the crunchy crumbles on the top sealed it's perfection! It was a great night out and the best part? Since Olive Garden was running their buy one/take one promotion, I got to have Olive Garden for lunch on Saturday, curled up in my chair with my pup begging for a bite of penne pasta. Delicious!


Watson's less than thrilled reaction when he realized that he was hearing raindrops on the roof....

Ready to get out and about...even in the wet drizzle, as the temperature dropped rapidly...

My friend's tree just had a carpet of leaves under it...so I had to take a million (okay....four) pictures...

I love it. Just love it.

Ready to go outside and play on Sunday - coat and all.

Some of my sweethearts from Sunday morning - I love each sweet little one that I get to spend time with. 

My rhino ornament that I got from our church's Ornaments for Orphans tree - so cute and for a good cause as well.

Rocking with my sweet Sadie on a chilly Sunday night!

Thanksgiving feast - take one. Supper at church on Sunday night; which was delicious!


As mentioned above, I spent Friday night with a friend. We decided on Friday night to meet up again on Saturday and explore a couple shops in Collinsville (Moonbeams Vintage and Embellish) to see what they had for their Christmas open houses. Moonbeams was a huge hit, as always and I found a perfect gift for a friend for Christmas - as well as a little something for me. Sadly, Embellish was closed so we just stood and pressed our faces against the (cold) glass door to see if we could see anything. It looked neat...I guess I'll have to check back another day. I've posted my finds below...except for the Christmas gift, of course. Check them out!

Okay - this actually came from Ross on Friday night, but it was $8.99, matched my living room perfectly & is just the kind of teeny table I needed. Too great to pass up!

My Moonbeams find. I've needed a larger, better looking version of one of these and I found it on Saturday. I told my friend that I now I just need more earrings!
And - that's all for now. It is chilly outside, rain is supposed to be moving into the area and all I want to do is get through the rest of this workday, get home and bundle up with my pup! Hope you're having a good Monday and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment