Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cake

I made a cake! I made a cake! Okay - maybe I'm a little too excited about my cake, but I get pretty thrilled when I have to make something new and it turns out well. How do I know this turned out well? You see - I had a whole office full of people confirm to me that it was delicious, so - cheers to me!

My Nanny (who is my Mom's Mom) makes a cake that is very similar to this one and I'll probably make it her one someday soon as well, but instead of pineapples...I threw in strawberries and the result was something delicious and strikingly similar to strawberry shortcake. So - check it out!

This is easy folks - there are very few ingredients!

Sugaring up my berries...nothing wrong with a little extra sweet!

Mixing things up!

Making this cake look delicious...in one, two, three, four...

Strawberry Cream Cake

-one box white/vanilla cake mix of your choice & the ingredients needed to make it
-one tub Cool Whip
-one can sweetened condensed milk
-one carton (or more) of strawberries, sliced & mixed with sugar
-1-2 tsp. sugar

Wash and slice your strawberries. Put them in a bowl and cover with 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar, mixing well. Refrigerate.

Mix and bake your cake according to the directions on the box. Let cool.

Once the cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake using a fork. Pour the sweetened condensed milk onto the cake and let it settle into the holes. Top with sliced strawberries. "Ice" the cake with your tub of Cool Whip and then refrigerate (if you don't eat it immediately).


This was supposed to be a really nice shot of all the layers of delicious...but it's kind of blurry. Oh well, you get the idea.
You could mix this up really any way you want - like I said, my Nanny uses pineapples and it tastes divine. I think it would be absolutely delicious to use a whole mixture of fresh berries - that would be especially delicious during the summer since this cake is light and fluffy! Whip up one for yourself and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment