Sunday, November 10, 2013

Almost Monday Again!

I really don't know where the last week went. I'm no scientist and I don't dare to begin to question the whole space/time continuum, but I swear that as the year draws closer to a close the days are passing faster and faster! If I close my eyes for just a moment, I'm sure I'll be sitting here again on Sunday night writing another post. Having said that - before all this swiftly passing time catches up with me, a look back at the past week.

Time change...I actually love it except for one part; I hate getting home from work after dark!

There are 47 days - and yes, I counted them out. Sherlock has some 'plaining to do.... I'm excited. 

In the world of things Watson does to be funny (which honestly, could be a blog in and of itself...but I think only my Mom would really be interested in it...maybe my sister) - he is completely spoiled rotten and I was reminded of that this week on more than one occasion. He's always more than happy to sit on the couch in the evenings and watch TV with me, as long as certain requirements are met first. He wants his very own blanket to curl up on and he doesn't want to be petted or messed with too much - in fact, he'd rather you sit on your corner of the couch and he'll sit on his. If you can do all that, then he'll be glad to sit with you and watch TV. If you break the rules, he will probably abandon you for his own bed because he just can't handle being messed with. He's crazy...and I think I made him that way.

Just when you think he can't get anymore spoiled and lazy - he steps up his game.

I needed this on Wednesday. I stuck it to the side of my desk because technically, I need to see it every work day.

Let me be frank - if you ever have a thought of me during the day, especially between the hours of 8-5 on the days Monday through Friday, prayers are always welcomed. Even more so in these last two months of the year. My job makes me feel....strained....as it is, but Obama Care is really doing a number on insurance (I'm sure you're aware...) and also doing a number on certain people in my office. So - prayers always appreciated. Better yet - you can also pray that someone buys my house - because my heart is elsewhere these days and the rest of me wants to be with it. Anyway - I veered off course. If you think of me, pray for me...especially where work related things are concerned. That is all.

I sent this picture to Lindsey - not sure what a Snootball is, but I'm excited for the Sherlock half and she's thrilled for the Downton Abbey half...so, bring on the Snootball!

Truth - also posted on my desk at work. It's rough y'all...I cannot even exaggerate. 

Little rotten taking a "nap" on Wednesday night before bed....

As mentioned above - I've ruined him. See the above picture for yet another form of proof. And let me assure you that when the flash went off to take that picture...well, I may have taken more than one picture and that was all he wrote. He got up, looked at me with an expression that said "really??" and abandoned me. *sigh* So rotten.

And then a cold front moved in & the world was chilly! Yahoo!

Autumn!

The face of concentration...no doubt watching a squirrel out the front door.

Even though this was my "slept-in" hair look, I was tempted to wear it out on Saturday...because I kind of thought it looked fancy.

My weekend was a little more "busy" than usual - in that I actually had some things to do this weekend. I've spent the past...oh....six weeks just sitting at home by myself. I'm not going to elaborate on that too much because honestly, I might make myself cry. Moving on - I had stuff to do! I saw Thor: The Dark World on Friday night and it was excellent! I won't elaborate too much here because it will make my end of the month post - but Loki is still my favorite character. I know - he's a villain. I also know that I don't care. I kept my sweet "babies" on Saturday - except they aren't really babies anymore. I've kept Hayden and Ashlan since they were born and I cannot believe that they are already 8 and 6 - they make me feel old - and Hayden makes me feel short since he's almost as tall as I am. They educated me on (among other things) the movie Pacific Rim, all areas of the Star Wars universe (and were equally impressed that I knew quite a bit myself) and quite a bit on the Marvel universe. Apparently Iron Man is the least admired of the Avengers because he's drunk sometimes - ah, the logic of an 8 year old boy. Seems a good enough reason to me; I've always been a Thor fan anyway...well, Thor's brother at least. I closed out my night with a re-watching of Star Trek: Into Darkness while I ate potato soup. All in all, not a bad way to spend Friday evening and Saturday!

My babies...that aren't babies anymore. Oh dear, time passes much too quickly.

I do love pictures with my sweet girl - and she takes pretty good pictures, if I do say so!

Christmas is slowly but surely taking a foothold at my house...

Intrigued by the voyages of the USS Enterprise...but...

Distracted by the possibility of getting a bite of brownie....

Me & my buddy in the nursery on Sunday morning...or actually outside the nursery, since she was being so sweet, she got to come sit outside in the hall with me!

Today - Sunday, has been fairly calm as Sundays go. Some of the kids at church this morning seemed a wee bit moody or unhappy, but I'll be honest - I headed into the nursery, scooped up my sweet Sadie and cuddled with her while someone else bounced the fussier tots. I get my fair share of soothing fussy babies on Sunday mornings (and afternoons...and nights...) and so today I just enjoyed the cuddles of a sweet baby. That being said - all my babies are usually pretty sweet, today some just weren't having very good days!

The new window on the front of the church...

Sunday lunch  = delicious!

I have reading to do....
And now - that is all. I'm about to go watch Once Upon A Time and have some supper - and then, well...I'm not really sure what I'll get up to. Maybe I'll read about Sherlock Holmes and in the process I'll get my very own Watson to sit in the chair with me. Ha-ha, unlikely - I'm sure he will want the comforts of his own bed. Either way, tomorrow is Monday so I'm going to enjoy these last few fleeting hours of the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment