Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gray is the Color I'm Feeling...

I started this post once and erased everything I'd written - so here I am, starting again. I was having a bad day the first time I wrote the post and even though today isn't much better (it's Sunday, I'm feeling pretty ill and Monday is looming much too close on the horizon), after looking at what I'd originally wrote, I felt like I needed to start again. I had a rough end of the week and it's colored my mood a lot, but my week as a whole wasn't awful; although there were bits and pieces that were pretty lousy and it ended on a bad note.

That being said - I am desperate for Thanksgiving break. It's seven work days and one weekend away and I'm hoping I don't break before it gets here. Prayers are always appreciated; especially where the work place is concerned. This one is mostly pictures...it was a quick and pretty boring week.

Monday morning blues - I feel you all too well little pup!

A pink tinged sunset on Monday evening - so pretty.

He sweetly decided that he'd sit in my lap to watch Bones. I loved it.

New jewelry - another thing I also love; I love it lots. I'm a sucker for beads, bling and shiny things.

Not always the easiest lesson to learn.

I ran across this picture/quote this week; completely by chance, but it's amazing how something so simple and unexpected could drive home a point. Let me preface by saying, I've not been in some chaotic romantic relationship...there are all types of relationships and there is one in my life that I've realized...well, maybe I need to quit trying so hard when the other person involved doesn't try at all. I'm done crossing oceans for a person that wouldn't jump a puddle for me.

Colder temperatures came to visit us, so Watson made sure he was dressed accordingly!

Everything is trapped in the ice! Brrrr!

So. Much. Mail.

It was just a bit nippy on Thursday morning.
The weather outside finally...if only for a couple days, felt like I think Fall is supposed to feel. People on Facebook were going on about how "bitter cold" it was and that they were freezing to death; I may have been one of the only people that thought it felt absolutely amazing. God's AC was on full blast and I was enjoying it. I also think my dog really enjoys it; he stays outside running around like wild once it gets cooler. I think he just loves the feel of the brisk night air in his fur!

Jack Frost put on his skates & did a number on my windshield on Thursday morning...

Watson enjoying some Saturday morning shenanigans...in the rain.

I've felt generally crummy for most of the weekend but before I really started feeling under the weather, I decided on Saturday morning to just go ahead, bite the bullet and decorate my house for Christmas. It didn't seem to take as long as I remember it taking last year - granted, most of the time I was decorating I was also engrossed in watching an HBO miniseries called Parade's End. I love Christmas, so it really isn't a struggle for me to throw garland, baubles, lights and twinkle all over the place. Plus - I'm going to Virginia for Thanksgiving and the day I return is December 1st. I think it would be an absolute tragedy to have the month of December arrive and not be prepared 100%. So - this house has been Christmas-ified.


I went ahead & decorated for Christmas; I stopped in the midst of doing something to see that I already had one little present under the tree.

Cooking up some supper....red beans & rice!


Watching a movie by the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree...

My sweet pup keeping me company today when I felt sick.

Just a few of my Christmas ornaments...

A gray day to end what was; all in all, a pretty gray week.

Well - there you have it. I've tried to grasp at every available hour left in the weekend and hold on as hard and fast as I could...but before I blink, Monday will be here again. I'm not sure about you, but that in and of itself makes me feel pretty gray - maybe the coming week will be less bleak than I expect. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment