Monday, August 26, 2013

....Title....

The award for the most original title this year goes to me - because really, it is Monday morning and I'm not completely functioning yet. I've only got about 4 ounces of coffee in me at this point and that really doesn't get much in the way of brain functions going. Only four days of work this week and I'm Colorado bound, but before I get ahead of myself, the past week in pictures and short stories.

I saw this online - it's so accurate that I can't decide whether I should laugh or cry. Maybe both?

Feeling colorful on Tuesday.

The crazy weather on Tuesday evening - sunny in one direction, rainbow in another direction and storm clouds brewing in another direction.

The weather on Tuesday evening was interesting - that's really the best I can think of to describe it. It was completely sunny on the way home and so I settled into the couch to watch my recorded episode of Under the Dome and eat some cereal before going to the gym. I was just watching TV, engrossed in my show and the developing drama when it thundered so loud that I almost came unglued. It obviously lightninged along with this because my TV snapped, popped off and popped on - the combination of the loud thunder and the TV antics made me jump. I went to the door expecting to see dark clouds encroaching but was shocked to see nothing but blue sky all around. It continued to thunder (loudly) for the next thirty minutes and on the way to to the gym, I saw blue skies behind me, weird teal/green storm tinged skies with a rainbow on my left and dark, churning clouds ahead. It finally came a monsoon while I was in the gym, but by the time I left an hour later, the skies had cleared and there was a beautiful sunset. Weather - why are you so weird?

And after Zumba - it was all cleared away...and looked gorgeous.

So foggy I feel like I stepped into a Twilight book...

So yummy. So, so yummy. I think I need another one now.

Jon Snow needs to skip the Night's Watch uniform more often if this is what his abs look like....

Shameless movie plug - shameless movie plug for a movie I didn't even know existed. I am a complete sucker for historical drama and if you add in an impossible love story, then I am all over it. I had no clue this movie even existed but apparently it will be centered around the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius and the love story between a slave and a noblewoman - it's called Pompeii. Which - the slave is played by Kit Harrington, who plays Jon Snow on Game of Thrones. He is usually buried under twenty layers of clothing on the show because his character is North of the wall; which basically means it is freeze your butt off cold all the time. I caught sight of this picture last week and almost hyperventilated - hello abs! Ha-ha! Once I saw the trailer, I knew I'd be into it. I take it from comments under the trailer that people think these types of movies are stupid, but I'm a fan, so I'll be ready to see this in February!

Coconut M&M's are the best. I had to hunt for these & I've been rationing them ever since. 

My couch potato, at it again. 

Thursday morning & this little guy has no intentions of getting up. At all.

Okay - so I have a confession. I keep seeing roaches in my house! What in the world is up with that? I've lived in my house for over 2 years now and I've never had a problem with bugs at all, much less roaches. I keep my house pretty darn clean (I am; after all, the child of Ginger Summerlin) and tidy. I spied one or two at the beginning of last week and immediately decided I needed someone to come spray the house. After calling around, the price I was getting was around $150 - and this girl does not have that kind of money to spend, especially not on bug spray! So I went to Wal-Mart where the very helpful salespeople (read: not helpful AT ALL) pointed me to the aisle where I picked up some Bug Barrier. I sprayed all over the house and so far...I'm not sure how well it worked. My parents say to give it a couple days, but I'm somewhat disappointed. I need the bugs to go away now!

This stuff better start working ASAP.

Thursday - ice cream run at the office. Yahoo!

Oh the gym - I'm really starting to enjoy it. Who knew?

TRUTH.
I stumbled onto this picture earlier in the week and I know exactly what that means. Granted, in my case it is no way related to school but my Monday - Friday involves a lot of people in positions of power treating me like I'm of less worth than the speck on their shoe. To say my job can be hard some days is putting it lightly. I won't really get into it too much, but if you randomly think of me during the week, I can always use your prayers where work is related.

The couch potato pup gets situated to watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He hasn't decided on his favorite character quite yet....but he does like Xander, so that may be the winner.

So lovey this week - too sweet.

Oh - have you heard? CBS (or NBC...can't remember) is remaking The Sound of Music as a live action performance just in time for Christmas this year. They revealed months ago that Carrie Underwood had been cast as Maria...which, okay. I suppose that's fine. They revealed this week that Stephen Moyer will be playing Captain von Trapp. Since I'm pretty sure no one that reads this blog watches True Blood, you probably have little to no clue that Stephen Moyer is best known for playing vampire Bill on True Blood and so when I read this, I was immediately tickled at the thought of vampire Bill dancing and singing. Apparently he has a theatre background...but still, too funny! I love The Sound of Music, so I'll tune in when it airs on December 5th...just to see how the new Captain & Maria work out!

Captain von Trapp & Maria...hmmm...I don't know if I see it yet.

Big Bold Bears - they are 4x larger than regular gummie bears. Sadly, they aren't 4x more delicious.

I live dangerously on Friday nights - laundry, pizza and Buffy.

Sitting on my leg is apparently very comfortable - for him. He has really bony elbows and they were digging into me! 

Friday night snuggles during our Buffy marathon!

Watson says "no more pictures please - it's late."

The glowy-eyed frog on the porch! I hate bugs, but I love seeing little frogs hanging out on my porch.

Saturdays are the best - especially when they involve getting to lay in the bed and sleep until the sun is streaming in the windows. Obviously, during the week I am up before the sun manages to shine it's way into my room, so I love to wake up on Saturdays and just lay in the bed and watch the sunlight stream into the room. There is something really peaceful about those first few minutes after waking up - I think it just has something to do with being warm and safe, which is a really good feeling. Not everyone in the world has that blessing, so I guess from time to time it is nice to remember that something as simple as having a warm, safe bed to sleep in and watch the sun come in the windows is a bigger blessing than we might realize.

Glorious sunshine!

Saturday night - the best friend, Mexican food and a movie. Good times.
After I conquered the lawn on Saturday morning - of which there is a whole post dedicated, I cleaned up around the house, made a Dollar General run, read, watched some TV and napped. It was a good Saturday, no doubt about it. Saturday night, my best friend David came over and we promptly went to the Mexican restaurant in Collinsville; the people there are going to start to recognize us, seriously. I decided to branch out and get something besides the combination platters - I got something from the quesadilla section of the menu that I couldn't even pronounce, but it was delicious. We watched the movie Contagion  after supper, which I think is fascinating. If you've never seen it, it is about the spread of an epidemic and the panic that it induces. I think it's really interesting, however when I asked David halfway through the movie if he wanted some M&M's, he said "no - ew, I don't want to touch anything. Everything has germs and is gross and I'll probably get sick and die. No." Hahahahaha! It should be noted he overcame his fear and ate some M&M's a little later. They obviously weren't contaminated with anything because I've already heard from him this morning.

Watching the weekend fade away on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment