Monday, August 19, 2013

...Here We Go Again...

Monday...Monday...you know how the song goes. Something about Monday being "so good to me.." which is funny because Mondays aren't ever really particularly good. This Monday was only so-so. It rained. I burned my finger on my straightening iron (and those things get HOT!) and then a co-worker decided to lose it and holler at me. Not ranking so high on my list of Mondays. I've got big plans to watch Buffy on DVD, hang out with my dog and eat supper tonight...and hope that Tuesday is less of a bummer. But let's backtrack....

Dark Chocolate Raspberry M&M's...not a bad Monday snack...last Monday that is...

Chili in the crock pot...even though it's 100 degrees outside...

I've discovered that I've turned my dog into something of a TV fan. If I sit down to watch something, he is usually pretty quick to hop onto the couch beside me to watch. Sometimes he gets in the chair across the room to watch - it all depends on what we're watching. The scarier it is, the closer he sits. I kid you not. I suppose I should be worried that he is becoming a vegetable...but he plays outside all day long while I'm at work (I think - hopefully my Nanny isn't letting him lay around inside...) so I think he's good to watch some TV. And I know, he's not a kid...he's just a dog. But he's all I've got for now, so that's fine.

Watching TV on Tuesday night with my buddy!

So...can I wear a superhero costume to work? I feel like it wouldn't go over well....

Rainy weather brings out frogs a-plenty....

I've turned him into a couch potato...or a rug potato...however you want to phrase it...

Even more rain....

Sometimes supper is bland and sometimes I manage to craft a pretty delicious meal, if I do say so myself...

Thursday night "hat" modeling on the couch...

We had such gorgeous weather on Friday - I felt like I was back in Washington state.

Friday was interesting - I've been at my job for 2 years and about 8 months...and I finally got to go on a "field trip" so to speak. It was for a meeting about Health care Reform (which - brace yourself people, that's all I'm saying) but lunch was involved and then we went to Target! And then my boss lost her phone in Target, so we stayed at Target for like...an extra hour until we found her phone. It was quite the adventure. I wasn't sure how it would go but I actually had a really good time. How can you not have a good time when there is dessert and a Target run? I miss living near a Target...

Just a small bowl of coffee, that's all.

Samples from the dessert table...handily raided by yours truly, with some help...

Mail from Mom on Friday evening - she always sends the best mail!

My little taste tester; always glad to sample. Of course, he thinks it's all delicious!

Saturday morning sunshine - weak and pale...

I went to two birthday parties on Saturday - I'm a wild party animal like that! There was lots of cake, ice cream, junk food and wild little kids. All in all, not a bad way to spend Saturday. I got a goody bag, a purple tongue and a red balloon (which my dog is terrified of) - what more could one ask for?

Birthday party #1 - I even got a goody bag!

Birthday Party #2 - I took home my very own red balloon!

Oops - I didn't know they were Lindsey's...they look pretty cute on me, right?

Trying to scarf his treat before the balloon can attack him!

Everywhere he went...the balloon followed him...

This movie was SO good - mostly because Alexander Skarsgard & that little girl are precious together. *sigh* Men that are good with kids.

Entertainment - I watched the movie What Maisie Knew on Saturday night...both because I was intrigued by the premise and because...hello, Skarsgard. The movie is about a little girl that is essentially used by her parents to hurt the other in the process of their divorce; the only adults in Maisie's life that seem to realize how precious she is are the significant others of her feuding parents. The movie was really good and the little girl completely stole the movie; I know she's only 6 or 7 but she was amazing and also, the scenes with her and Alexander Skarsgard = amazing. I also discovered the game Plants Vs. Zombies on the app store and now I'm addicted to that! I was getting a little tired of all that stupid candy crushing, so now I'm fighting off zombies with all manner of your average garden variety plants. Fun times!

I have discovered a new game...and I am addicted...

I'm pretty sure the weather won't stay like this for long...

Someone is ready to take his Sunday afternoon nap...

King of the porch...on his plastic throne...

So...this seems nice...and yet...
True Blood wound up the sixth season on Sunday night. Turns out Warlow was awful - who saw that coming? Oh wait...everyone. I mean, sure he'd been waiting on Sookie for 5,500 year but was being asked to date a little while really all that bad? Apparently so and thus after the subsequent beat down he put on Bill and Sookie and Violet and Jason...basically half the cast, he got the stake. Which, oh well. Too bad. I've said it a lot this season, but I was pretty impressed with how they swung it around from completely crazy to only a wee bit crazy this season. Bring on season 7!

And....that's all for now. I'm not feeling it so much tonight. I think the remedy is cereal, some cuddles with the dog and a little chillin on the couch. I'm going to get on that real quick - adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment