Monday, August 5, 2013

Random Recaps

Which is what I should just call these every week because really, that's what they are. I recap my past week with random stories thrown in for good measure. I feel this post could be called short, sweet random recaps because I feel like the past week flew by and I have far fewer pictures to show for it and far fewer random things to tell. It was just another week in the life. So - onward!

One of the only things that makes Mondays better - getting a package!

Getting the office calendar prepared for my trip to Colorado at the end of the month - I love a good countdown.

More Monday Mail - I love it! Also, alliteration!

On Tuesday, Watson was buried so deeply in his bed that he looked headless....

So yes - I'm 28 and I've never had a BLT before. Which just shocked everyone at my office; so many exclamations of "You've NEVER had a BLT?!?" "What is wrong with you?!?" "Oh. My. Gosh." I mean, calm down people - is it really that big a deal? Anyway, a co-worker had gotten some fresh tomatoes and with that she went and bought bacon, lettuce, mayo, some really good bread and chips so that we could all have lunch. I decided that there's no time like the present and I might as well just try it out. Plus, I'd secured someone to eat my half sandwich if I tasted it and decided it wasn't my thing. I toasted up the bread, piled everything on, took a big bite....and....nope. Not a fan. Too much T for my taste. I'm just not a fresh tomato girl and I don't think that is gonna change. But hey, at least now I can say I tried it, right?

BLT - I tried it. I wasn't really a fan. As I stated on Facebook...too much T.

Game of Thrones is filming again - AWESOME!

I follow Lena Headey on Instagram - she plays the amazingly wicked Cersei Lannister; Queen Regent of Westeros on Game of Thrones and she posted a picture on Thursday of her sitting in a make-up chair getting her wig put back on. The show is filming again - Hallelujah! Now only...about 8 months stand between me and new episodes! Yes!

Working it out at the gym - week two.

The boss lady bought us Dilly bars on Friday...yum!

Watson making sure to get good and relaxed on Friday night.

Picture 1 of 3 from this weekend where Watson was watching TV like a champ. It's so funny!

Oh man - I had to cut my grass again on Saturday and y'all - I hate it. I do. Dust and grass flying everywhere, shoving that crazy mower along in the heat. It is just really not my thing. I hate getting nasty and sweaty and cutting grass ensures you get quite a lot of both of those. I probably shouldn't have cut my grass at noon, when the sun is at it's highest in the sky; that was probably poor judgement on my part. I also maybe should have taken a water break but once I started, I was afraid when I stopped, that would be it. After 45 minutes of feeling slightly light-headed and worn slap out, I dragged myself into my house, grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and proceeded to lay down in my kitchen floor for about 15 minutes. I think I want someone to buy my house just so I don't have to cut grass anymore. Seriously. Any takers?

A much-needed bubble bath after cutting the grass on Saturday. I HATE cutting the grass.

Yay for mail from my sweet parents - and even more yay for a Burger King card!

These two - like I put on Instagram; like father like son...

You'd think with a whole couch cushion to himself, that would be enough but nope...he kept shoving his giant rabbit feet against him.

Being pestered by David - one day he is going to retaliate...

Sunday lunch - so delicious. I am getting pretty good at this stuff.

It's Shark Week! Ha-ha; this is my kind of shark. Silly little guy...

Picture 3 of 3 - I've created a TV addict.

I don't know what he was doing with his bed last night; but he managed to move it out into the middle of the room. Nut.

I may have rearranged the living room again...ha-ha. I have a sickness.
The final random story to end this post - today on the way to work, I saw the funniest thing. I'm still trying to decide if it was legitimate or someone staged it that way. There was a dead raccoon in the road (aw...poor raccoon) and lying just inches away from him was a smooshed peanut butter jar. I immediately thought he had obviously been crushed in the midst of his great escape with the peanut butter. My Mom thinks that someone might have added the peanut butter jar just being funny. Either way, it cracked me up. Peanut butter is good stuff - although maybe not good enough to risk one's life; even a raccoon life.

That's all folks - like I said, short and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment