Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kitchen Creations...

I've done it again. I got bored, rooted around in the fridge and cooked up something new and different. Although most of the ingredients here are markedly similar to what I cooked the last time I just decided to cook - but I guess that really doesn't matter. Now you will have two ways to make chicken with ranch, bacon and cheese. I don't know why I'm on such a chicken, bacon, ranch kick...but I guess it is just what I was feeling!

I wasn't sure what I was going to eat on Sunday night - the back story here is that Sunday afternoon/evening was supposed to be the church picnic but it rained for quite awhile on Sunday afternoon and I assumed they didn't have the picnic, so I had to come up with something to eat. Apparently they still had it, so...oh well. I wanted to cook something quick because I had to eat and get ready for the season finale of True Blood. I had canned chicken, crescents, shredded cheese, bacon and ranch dressing and so I thought - idea!

All the ingredients...just 5 of them!

Combining the chicken, bacon, shredded cheese and ranch dressing!

See where I'm going? It's like a taco ring, but with chicken!

I love making taco rings because they are easy, don't take long to cook and they taste really good - but I didn't really feel like browning ground beef on Sunday night. I figured chicken would work just as well as ground beef and using canned chicken certainly made things move quicker - so, voila! I suppose I came up with something "new". At least it is new to me.

Ready to go in the oven...I topped it with extra cheese, because you can never have too much cheese!

My taste tester, always ready and willing to help me figure out flavors. Hint - he likes it all!

Fresh out of the oven! Smelling delicious!

Yum - look at the chicken-y, bacon-y, cheesy Ranch goodness! 

Ready to eat some supper!

So now, I'll share the recipe!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring

-2-3 pieces bacon, torn into small pieces
-1 can chicken, shredded
-1 package crescent rolls
-Ranch dressing
-shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together shredded chicken, bacon pieces, shredded cheese and Ranch dressing.

Arrange crescent triangles in a sun shape on your pan, piling on chicken mixture. Wrap each triangle around the chicken mixture and "tuck" in at the center

Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes. Enjoy!

Watson with his bite - of course, he approved of it 100%













No comments:

Post a Comment