Thursday, August 15, 2013

Is It Healthy? Eh...

Well - when I came home yesterday, I had no clue what I was going to have for supper. My friend Lisa is always coming home from work and whipping up something amazing looking from whatever she has in her fridge. Granted, what she usually comes up with is much healthier than what I come up with. I don't keep much in the way of fresh veggies because I only buy vegetables for certain recipes - they get used and then they're gone! So, my new chicken recipe...is it healthy? Eh...most certainly not. Does it taste good? Oh yes!

Nasty little raw(ish) chickens...but give them time!

All you need to make this delicious recipe is some boneless chicken tenders, butter, ranch dressing and bacon. Four little ingredients - five if you count the cheese I added at the end, because like I sad...this isn't healthy but it sure does taste delicious!

I found these three things in my fridge & thought "hey...why not?"

A blurry picture of semi-buttery chicken...

Adding in the bacon, torn into pieces...it was smelling pretty great at this point.

Ranch dressing...nom, nom, nom...this is getting delicious!

After it has all cooked together - see all those delicious juices?

Because it needed just one more thing to make it even "healthier"...

From not being sure what I'd eat, to this - I think I did pretty good!

Bacon Ranch Chicken, Black Beans and Chicken Noodles...pretty delicious supper if you ask me.

Now that you've looked at all the delicious, mouth-watering pictures...I suppose I'll share the recipe!

Bacon Ranch Chicken
-3 to 4 boneless chicken tenders
-butter
-2 strips of bacon, torn into pieces
-Ranch dressing
-a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese

Cook your chicken tenders in a couple "pats" of butter; I'm not really sure how much butter I used but it wasn't a ton...just enough to dampen the pan.

Add in the pieces of bacon and continue cooking.

Pour Ranch dressing into pan with chicken and bacon, coating the chicken and bacon; lower the heat and let the chicken, bacon and ranch flavors all "mingle". Ha-ha!

If you want...and for me this was really just a last minute thought, sprinkle just a little shredded cheddar cheese on your tenders and let it melt. Serve up with your chosen sides and enjoy!


Seriously - sometimes it is fun to take stock of what you've got in your fridge and see what you can sort out/come up with to make. I certainly wasn't planning to have anything so yummy for supper last night, but with a quick peek in the fridge and the willingness to take a risk and see what I could come up with, I made magic. Delicious, bacon-y, ranch magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment