Monday, August 12, 2013

The Weeks Fly By....but So Do the Weekends...

Seriously - how is it already Monday again?? This always absolutely blows my mind! I feel like I was just sitting down on the couch on Friday night to watch a movie and sip some coffee...and here I am, sitting at my desk again. Granted, like my title says; the week did seem to go pretty fast as well. I don't mind the week speeding by, but I would like to see my weekends slow down just a little bit. Sadly, we have no control over time and so things will continue to clip along and I'll just hang on for the ride - because what else is there to do?

A note on my keyboard on Monday - no one would admit to it, until Tuesday when Melissa said she'd stuck it there. Ha-ha!

Monday morning started with a bang - no pun intended. I was waiting at the four way stop on North Hills street to turn and head into downtown Meridian when just a few feet in front of me - CRASH! I still don't really know exactly what happened; obviously someone turned when they weren't supposed to and the rest is history. Watching a wreck happen will certainly wake you up though; my coffee wasn't quite as necessary on Monday morning...but of course I still drank it!

Happy Monday - witnessing a car crash on the way to work. At least I wasn't in the crash...yikes!

A certain puppy dog was feeling especially loving on Monday night - he's actually been pretty loving all week.

Now that I've joined the gym, I try to plan my meals around my gym schedule. I've decided that on Mondays I'll cook crock pot meals; because on Monday after being at work from 8-5, then going to the gym for almost an hour, cooking when I get home is not really high on my list of things I want to do. I decided last Monday that I'd cook chicken spaghetti in the crock pot - you basically throw all the ingredients for the sauce in the crock pot and let them cook all day, cooking and adding the noodles once you get home. It seemed easy enough, except that in my Monday morning routine, I forgot to plug the crock pot in. *sigh* There was no delicious aroma to greet me when I came in, only lumpy, cold sauce. So I just changed course, cooked the pasta, mixed it all together and baked it in the oven. Problem solved...but I didn't eat until almost 7:30. Oh well - at least it tasted good. I'm cooking chili this week - and I remembered to cut on the crock pot!

Veggie Pasta - so colorful! It's made from carrots, beets and spinach.

Watching the world go by outside the window....

I'm going to adopt this motto. I'm in a REALLY long plot twist...

I saw the above sign/sticker/slogan posted on Instagram this weekend and really kind of fell in love with it. I really do feel like the past few years of my life have been nothing more than a major plot twist; I feel like I'm going nowhere and getting nothing done. I suppose if you think long and hard about it, this is really just a different way of saying that we have to make the most of the situations we are given, but I really like the way this is phrased. So for today and the days to come, you can picture me shouting "plot twist" at the top of my lungs and plowing ahead to meet the day, trying to get some improv going in the middle of my script changes. :)

The sky was sooo pink on Tuesday night - but my cell phone camera couldn't begin to capture it....

This past week was Shark Week and I will be honest - I watched it all. What I didn't watch live, I recorded with my DVR and watched later. I really have no clue what my fascination with Shark Week is; I don't like sharks, I don't think they are "majestic" and whatnot, like some of the nuts that are on the shows that air during Shark Week. Seriously; people get attacked by sharks, almost die and then seem to like sharks more than before they were attacked! I would be like "down with the sharks!" if I ever got attacked. I really just have no clue why it intrigues me, but it does. I think my parents think I'm nuts for watching it, but I've discovered that I have a built in Shark Week watching buddy in Virginia - so Shark Week 2014, am I right Jennie? Watson however, was obviously not a fan of watching gigantic fish with razor sharp rows of teeth on TV all week. He would position himself where he didn't have to see what was on the TV and then take his evening pre-bed nap. What a nut.

Watson was not a fan of shark week - which is crazy. I mean; sharks! Aaahhhh!

Find a penny, pick it up - all day long you'll have good luck.

I'm ready to go - hence the really thrilling calendar decorations!

So much color - and so much flavor. Yum, yum, yum...

Exactly. This couldn't be more true. It's not funny - because it's true.

Ooh - another plus of watching Shark Week? I kept seeing these commercials for a show (movie? mini-series? I don't know...) called Klondike. And who pops up front and center in the commercial? Robb Stark- the King of the North! Okay, his name is actually Richard Madden but for the past three years he has played Robb Stark on Game of Thrones, until he met a grisly and heart-wrenching end during the Red Wedding this season. I'm going to throw it out there that this new show has something to do with the Gold Rush, so I guess I'll have to tune into the Discovery channel sometime next year and watch me some Richard Madden. I feel like this is a show that my Dad would be interested in watching...so see, Dad...wanna watch this?

They kept showing this commercial during Shark Week - I figured out where Robb Stark went! I guess I'll have to watch this...just to see him.

Watson vs. the bug...

Oh my goodness - Watson tried to eat a horsefly on Thursday morning and if I'd had the video portion of my camera going, I could have made some money. He poked at it with his foot at first and I kept telling him "don't eat that bug" but he listened about like you'd expect. The first time he bit into it, he immediately spit it out...but I guess once just wasn't enough and so he tried to eat it again. The second time, I'm guessing the bug stung or bit his tongue because he went nuts: hopping backwards, trying to spit it out, shaking his head and his tongue like he was crazed. He finally sat down and looked over at me dazed; like he'd just survived a harrowing encounter. All I could say was "I told you not to eat the bug." Silly dog.

I like this outfit - I might have to take it to COS because hey - Brunch at the Broadmoor.

Stretching it out...

Finally getting just a few drops of rain - Watson watched it pour, for only 5 minutes.

Apparently my leg makes a very good pillow - or a good place to hide from the Shark Week programming...

AAAAAHHHHHH!

Cue the theme music from a horror movie because on Friday morning, I was basically in one! I'm serious. I was just driving along, minding my own business and heading to work. I happened to look over to my left and saw the above scene - a huge spider making his way from the edge of my mirror toward the door. Thank the good Lord that the bug was outside the car because if it had been inside, I would have promptly wrecked the car and probably injured not only myself, but numerous other drivers. I had hoped the spider would fall once I started cruising down the highway at 65 MPH, but nope...the bug was smarter than that and hid in the mirror for the rest of the ride. Once I was at work, I got some bug spray and haphazardly sprayed all around/on/near the mirror. Melissa was with me for moral support and she sprayed much closer to the target and then I hoped for the best. I didn't see the bug again so I don't know if it crawled away, died from inhaling fumes or is just biding it's time in the mirror. Please let's hope it's option one or two - I can't handle option three. Just can't.

Friday at the office - we were getting delirious with boredom.

Friday night - anything food related brings out the beggar in this creature.

Helping me schedule some things on the calendar - he's very involved in our plans.

Friday night - movie, coffee and time with the pup!

Saying some Saturday morning prayers...

Friday night was rife with excitement - I watched the last of Shark Week, washed clothes and watched a movie with Watson. Okay...maybe I watched the movie and he just laid on the couch, whatever. I wanted so badly to sleep late on Saturday but I woke up at 7:45 and I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. Ugh! I got up, had coffee and watched Rise of the Guardians before I had lunch and went to get McKenna to go to the movies. I guess Saturday was just animation day since I'd already watched one animated movie and we went to see another; Planes. I have been bred with a fascination of all things airplane; I'm pretty sure I was at my first air show before I could walk, so I was excited to see the movie. It was a sweet story about following your dreams and not letting anyone tell you what you could/couldn't do. Plus - the airplane lingo was hilarious and the flying sequences made the movie like an animated airshow. I loved it!

Saturday afternoon movie with McKenna - Planes was too fun!

Rain in the middle of a an almost cloudless sky...

Ice cream on a hot Saturday afternoon - he had ice cream, but I didn't.

Saturday night boredom led to watching Buffy....which hey, good way to spend a Saturday night!

Saturday night alone led to boredom and so I pulled out my Buffy box set because...well, I really didn't feel like doing anything else but being lazy. I did take a break in between watching episodes to give Watson a bath - which he was so pleased about. I don't know what got into him, but once I finished bathing him, he was wild. It was more than just his usual racing around the house (which I call the spin cycle); he was acting crazy, jumping off the chair, running around the kitchen, hopping into my lap long enough to lick my face before leaping across the living room and heading for the hallway. I'm telling you, this dog is nuts sometimes!

I also bathed Watson on Saturday night - which as you can see, he was pleased. Ha-ha!

Twin architects, high speed passes and toddler tower building....

I may or may not have walked past the yellow tape. I'll never tell.

There was a visitor at church on Sunday...he was small & didn't stick around for long.

Summer has arrived with a vengeance. Ugh.

Saturday afternoon visit with Nanny.

I spent my Sunday afternoon being lazy, watching the back of my eyelids for a little while and then doing some general clean-up of the house. I visited with my Nanny (and borrowed one egg) and then went back home to whip up breakfast for supper. Once I'd eaten and taken a shower, it was time to settle in for the 2nd to last episode of True Blood, season six! Living up to it's name, this episode was particularly bloody - I may have covered my eyes a time or two, gross! I can't wait to see how it all winds up next week. It's been a pretty good season so far, here's hoping it ends on a high note! And with being said - here's to hoping this whole week is a high note.

Breakfast for Dinner - so delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment