Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - Virginia Wedding Shower

It's Wednesday and it's now (just barely) under four months until our wedding! We hit the four months to go mark yesterday, July 12th - and so the countdown continues! We recently had a second wedding shower and I wanted to share all about that today!
 

My Mom's dear friends - they affectionately call themselves "the Fab Five" - and they certainly outdid themselves with our lovely shower! It was hosted at Lauren's home and had an outdoors/picnic theme and guests were encouraged to bring gifts that could be used for fun, games, outdoor adventures, etc...

We had Schaffer's BBQ and all the delicious sides - coleslaw, broccoli salad, watermelon, potato salad and chips! Everything was so tasty and filling!


One of my dear friends (and also a bridesmaid) Jennie makes the most amazing rice krispie treats you will ever taste in your life and she whipped up a batch of heart-shaped treats for the shower! Alongside the krispie treats were beautiful and delicious strawberry and lemon cupcakes - made for the shower by one of Joyce's neighbors. We all went back and forth on which one was the best tasting and couldn't come to a conclusion. The main verdict - they were divine!


My Mom has been friends with Joyce, Marcia, Susie & Lauren (from left to right) for almost ten years now and I have to say that these sweet women are such wonderful examples of what it means to be women of God. They are so loving, kind, supportive and all-around just the most stunningly beautiful ladies inside and out (my Momma included). Each one of these moments leading up to Ryan and I's wedding are such a dream come true for me - and for these ladies, it's a prayer answered because I know they've prayed for my future husband alongside my Momma!



The shower was filled with family and friends who feel like family - especially the Manley's (sorry I used a picture where your eyes are closed Angie). We have been friends with the Manley's since before I was born because our parents were stationed together in California and now after lifetimes of living apart, we live an hour from one another! 


We all ate well and then moved into the living room to keep the party going - we played three games before opening gifts - and I actually won one! The first game was to see who knew me best and my Mom got the most right (but exempt herself), Ryan got the second most right (but he exempt himself) and Meridith was the winner! 

The second game was a he said/she said game and the provided a lot of laughs as everyone tried to figure out who is the best cook (Ryan), who is the better singer (me) or who is the better gift giver (both) - some of the examples! Meridith also won this game, ha-ha! The final game was a wedding trivia game and everyone played... and I won! 


My youngest flower girl climbed into my lap and stayed there for all of the games, only climbing off to help bring Ryan and I gifts to open. Once we got to the largest of the gifts (a set of outdoor chairs) - the older flower girl jumped in on the action too! 

A really special gift came from Ryan's Mom - she brought him the bucket that he and his friends in unicycle club used for car washes when he was in elementary school! It was filled with car washing tools and covered with the youthful signatures of his fellow club mates - it was such a neat and thoughtful gift and Ryan was really touched!


We were so abundantly blessed at this shower - surrounded by family and friends that feel like family and given such a bevy of wonderful gifts! It was truly such a wonderful experience and a memory I know we will hold close for years to come!




The sweet little girls above are my flower girls - I've known them both since the day they were born! Amelia just turned eight (on the 11th) and Evelyn is five! I can't wait to see them shine as my flower girls, I know they will do such an excellent job!


Lauren sent some of the most gorgeous flowers home with me from the shower - they kept my desk bright and cheery for over a week! And as you can see, Ryan was so proud and pleased with his car wash bucket, ha-ha!

A gift we didn't receive at the shower but instead received the day before was the most beautiful set of corn hole boards that were handmade by Doc and Marilyn (Ryan's Mom & her BF). They are sturdy and perfect, Doc created them by hand in his wood shop and Marilyn painted and varnished them. They are such a beautiful gift and we will use them for years to come!




Seriously - aren't they stunning? Needless to say, we were yet again richly and abundantly blessed by the wonderful people in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment