Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday Favorites

 It’s Friday! Hallelujah! I don’t know about y’all but this week has seemed both long and fast… *sigh* How does that happen?

Weekend Things – Y’all! Our little hometown is having a Main Street event tonight and I am so excited to go check it out! They are going to have several local vendors and it will be really nice to check out our Main Street and see what kind of a get-together they put on! We’ve already eaten at a couple of the spots on Main Street and I found a shop I love… all of which will have a presence at the event!

Ryan and I have some things to get done at our house on Saturday morning and we are having dinner with some friends on Saturday night. I’m not sure about Sunday plans quite yet… we shall see what unfolds!

Moving & Making Things Over – I know why my life is feeling hectic and I’ll just share with y’all. I am trying to get “most” of my life moved into Ryan and I’s house over the next few weeks and it’s not even the act of moving things so much as the act of going through all the stuff I have and figuring out what to do with it! I am discovering that I might have a little bit of a hoarder thing going on and I really need to review some of the things I’ve been holding on to and do that whole “does it bring you joy” thing.

But what do you do if lots of things bring you joy, ha-ha? My fiancé definitely does not have this problem – that man is delightfully uninterested in holding on to “things”. I need to learn a lesson from him where that is concerned. Thankfully I can put some things in storage bins and happily store them in my parent’s basement, but some days even just weeding through all the things feels tiring! 


One way I am taking some of the things I’ve been holding on to and making them useful for my life now is sending my Nationals t-shirts to Project Repat. I went through my t-shirts recently and I had over thirty-five Washington Nationals t-shirts alone. Eek! I almost never wear t-shirts anymore and I don’t need to lug things I don’t wear into my new life to take up space. So, I selected thirty of my t-shirts, cut them up (per instructions) and sent them to Project Repat to be turned into a full-size quilt!

I have high hopes that the wonderful quilt they make will be used by our family for years to come. The shirts that I wore to cheer and yell, despair and delight in watching my Washington Nationals can be turned into something I snuggle my babies under and maybe they’ll even wrap up in it to watch a Nationals game down the road? A girl sure can dream! 

Office in Bloom – A sweet neighbor passed along tons of hydrangeas to my parents and my Mom so sweetly passed along a vase filled with them to me! They are brightening up my office at work and they smell wonderful! I think hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers and I love looking at them throughout the day!

 ***************************************************************

Those are just some things I am looking forward to and find to be my favorites this week! Y’all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment