Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday Favorites

 

One - Charlottesville Weekend – My Mom and I are going to Charlottesville for about 24 hours! The trip was prompted by my second alterations appointment in Charlottesville and since there is so much to see in Charlottesville, my Mom and I decided to make a little overnight stay of it! We are staying at Greenock Manor in Orange, VA – which is about a forty-minute drive (from Charlottesville) but looks absolutely stunning! It also serves as wedding venue and so that should be fun to check out too! 

I’m not 100% sure what we’ll be doing… probably perusing the walking mall on Friday night for dinner and shops and then maybe doing some exploring/shopping in Culpeper on the way home. Culpeper is one of my favorite small towns in Virginia and I can’t wait to stop back in again! Regardless, I’m sure it will be delightful and hopefully this time we will be bringing my wedding dress home with us! *squeal*

Two - Tying it Down – Ryan and I will be visiting Jos. A Banks on Saturday night to verify where we want to get the men’s suits for the wedding! Jos. A Banks or Men’s Wearhouse? Decisions must be made since the wedding is now only 113 days away! Things are starting to come together, and the big day is getting closer and closer. We have to sort out the order of ceremony and order programs, decide on what songs we want on the playlist for the DJ and I’m sure there is plenty more… but we are getting there slowly but surely!

Another thing that I am trying to get tied down is all my belongings! We moved a large quantity of furniture into Ryan and I’s house since he’s been living there since January but clothes and shoes and make-up and hair stuff and purse all those kind of things – I have got to get that all sorted and settled. I originally joked that I was going to get that done well before the wedding and not have to worry about it… and here we are with a little over three months to go and I’m like “Eeek!” But – I did buy storage tubs at Wal-Mart this week and I have started making headway!

Three - Kayaking – Well y’all, I am going to try kayaking on Sunday! Ryan has been wanting to go for a few weeks now and we have friends that have kayaks that we are borrowing, so we are going to head out on to Lake Frederick and see how it goes! I’ll admit, I’m looking forward to it! It’s something I’ve never done before and so I can’t wait to see what sights I can see on the water as opposed to from the side of the lake! Here’s hoping I can do it without flipping my kayak, ha-ha!

**************************************************

Those are my "favorites" for today - I suppose they'd all be new adventures of sorts. Staying at a new place, living a new portion of life as we nail down wedding things and I get my things sorted and kayaking. So, I suppose my favorites for this Friday are having new adventures! Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment