Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday Favorites

 

Ooh – I don’t know that I have a list of favorites for this week – so to speak. I am so happy to see Friday arrive! It’s been a good week and I am hoping for a good weekend too!

I have plans to spend some time with my sweet friend Katie and her delightful kiddos (her sweet little son in our ringbearer) on Saturday around lunchtime and catch up! Later in the day, Ryan and I are going to spend time at Seven Bends State Park exploring nature and just taking in the nice weather!

Sunday, Ryan, and I are headed to Fredericksburg for the day! Ryan is being interviewed about his time in Teen Challenge and we are going to catch up with some friends of his from his time at Teen Challenge. And just like that – the weekend will be over! Whoosh!

*************************************************************************

In somewhat unrelated information – I finally jumped on the bandwagon (is it a bandwagon…) and have been watching Netflix documentaries! I started with Keep Sweet, Pray and Obey – all about the FLDS and Warren Jeffs. It was fascinating, bizarre, and downright chilling. The stories of the women (and men) who have escaped from the compound are fascinating.

The Girl in the Picture was my second watch and wow! What a roller coaster that was! It’s new and current – so I don’t want to give too much away but this documentary was just one jaw-dropping shock (and horror) after another. I would definitely recommend it but just be aware that the subject matter is not for the faint of heart.

I just started a third Netflix documentary called Our Father – detailing the infertility doctor in Indiana that “fathered” numerous children – all without the clients coming for treatment being any wiser. 

*************************************************************************

Like I said – not much on this fine Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend – I definitely plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment