Tuesday, July 19, 2022

That was Fast!

Well y’all. That weekend passed so fast my head is spinning. It started and then just like that – it was over! Whoosh! It was a busy and wonderful weekend.

Friday I was lucky enough to get off work at 3:00 – so I was able to go home and spend some time with Watson, get together some outdoor supplies (bug spray & sunscreen) and order some Schaffer’s BBQ for dinner, before heading to Middletown to meet Ryan at Brookside Church! We had a delicious picnic of pulled pork BBQ, Route 11 chips and even tried a Redneck Egg Roll (please see Watson begging for a bite). The Redneck Egg Roll was stuffed with pulled pork, cheese, onions, and peppers. It was divine but I’m not always a big fried food person – so I’m glad I only had half!

  

Ryan was using the zero-turn mower and after taking Watson on a walk around the park, I used the push mower to help out some! Watson and I headed home and I washed off all the bug spray and sunscreen and sweat and dirt… and we ended up watching Alone for the rest of the evening.

It was really nice to sleep later than 5:15 on Saturday! I am definitely going to have to adjust to being an early riser – it hasn’t been so bad – but man, when you beat the sun coming up, that’s a whole new situation! I do feel like it makes me really productive but at the same time, I do not mind when Saturday and Sunday arrive, and I don’t have to get out of the bed before 7 AM (or later). Ryan and I kind of took it easy on Saturday morning – coffee and breakfast, just relaxing and watching some TV. Enjoying some chill time.


Around 10:30 I ran some errands to get gas/grab some headache medicine and when I spotted the Strite’s Donuts truck parked at Walgreen’s – I knew that was the dessert option to take to Katie’s! I had afternoon plans to see Katie and her sweet kiddos and I offered to bring dessert! I asked what her kiddos (who are four and two) were into and she said “donuts and cupcakes”… so the little donut holes seemed like the perfect choice! I made my way up the mountain to her house and we had the best afternoon!


I have known Katie’s kiddos since they were born, and they called me Aunt Natalie – so sweet! We played games and danced, and Katie and I got a chance to chat when the kiddos took a nap! They are such sweethearts and they both told me “I love you” while I was over at the house! Ugh – my heart! *love* After our pizza and donuts and catching up, I headed back home and then Ryan and I went to my parents for the evening. Ryan grilled some veggies and chicken and put together the best (spicy) chicken stir fry meal for dinner and then we introduced my parents to Alone – ha-ha!


Sunday was an early start for us (although not before 7 AM – at least for me) as we drove to Fredericksburg for the day! Ryan and I attended Fredericksburg Full Gospel Church – which he attended while he was in Teen Challenge – and it was an awesome worship service experience. The congregation invited Ryan up to share and the next thing I knew, I was also being invited up and the church was praying over Ryan and I! It was a really touching experience and the pastor even wants us to come back for dinner sometime! Wow! 


After grabbing a quick lunch at Firehouse Subs, Ryan and I headed to the Teen Challenge farm where he was interviewed by a journalism student who is currently working as an intern at Teen Challenge. I’m not sure what all went down during the interview because I ended up sitting in the office, where the air conditioner was nice and cool and reading my book! The interview took about and hour and a half and then we were off again! We stopped by Ryan’s friend Will’s house, and he was able to catch up with Will and Jeremy – some friends from his time at Teen Challenge! We headed home around 5:00 and got ready for another work week!

Also – please peep the pictures of my pup! While I was visiting Katie and her kiddos on Saturday, he took Watson to Shenandoah County Park and Seven Bends State Park and y’all – my little adventurer was worn out!

It was a good weekend. It was a fast weekend. I’m looking forward to another weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment