Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Best of 2018 - Entertainment

I thought I'd compile a list of the best of the best - in my humble opinion - of all the wonderful entertainment centered things I've enjoyed this past year. I absolutely love watching movies, TV shows and reading books... I am 100% a person that is especially invested in all things entertainment; nothing makes me happier than enjoying a good book, movie or TV show that can transport me - so I thought I'd share just a few of my favorite things from the past year!

I'm keeping my best of the best down to books, movies and television - and I'll keep this short and sweet since it's essentially a rehashing of some of my already posted favorites from throughout the year!

Books!
I haven't read nearly as much this year as I normally do - I guess there just weren't too many books that caught and held my attention this year - but four that did: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, Still Me by Jojo Moyes, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and The Alienist by Caleb Carr. It cracks me up a little bit that all four have two word titles...that's an interesting coincidence, huh? All four of these books were incredible - well rounded characters, wonderfully descriptive locations and a plot that pulled me in and wouldn't let go! If you haven't read these four books, add them to your list!

Television!
Now y'all know I love a good TV show... and the six that I really enjoyed this year were The Alienist, Westworld, Sharp Objects, Patrick Melrose, Outlander and Mr. Robot. All six of these shows have very strong ensemble style casts and at times, intricate plot lines that require the viewer to really pay attention. I know some people watch TV to just have mindless entertainment...but I need my TV shows (for the most part) to engage my brain - and all six of these shows do just that.

Movies!
I also absolutely love a good movie and while I've been to the movies a plenty this year and there were many films that just warmed my heart and I enjoyed, if I had to pick favorites from this year then they would be these four: Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Rich Asians, A Star is Born and Avengers: Infinity War - all four were thoroughly enjoyable and memorable movie going experiences. I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born more than once and it helps that both had excellent soundtracks that came alongside them! Crazy Rich Asians was just a wonderful, feel good rom-com and Infinity War was an excellent Marvel move that sated my need for a great super hero movie!

*********************************

So there you have it - my favorite entertainment picks from 2018 - the books, television shows and movies that I loved the most! I'll pop back in tomorrow with my final entertainment round-up of 2018; all the things I loved in December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment