Friday, December 14, 2018

Five on Friday

Don't panic - but next Friday is the last Friday before Christmas! How in the world has time passed this quickly? There are only two more Five on Friday posts (after today) for the year of 2018...which is just mind blowing! Having said that - let's get right to it!


One. Holiday Shipping Meme - It's funny because it's true... I'm still waiting on some packages and I recently discovered that one of them is coming via China Post. *face palm* Here's hoping that it actually arrives before Christmas - I definitely didn't know when I ordered it that it was coming from China. Oops!


Two. Ladies of Life Christmas Party - The ladies group I am in at church had out Christmas party earlier this week and it was a wonderful time. We had a wonderful time together, laughed until we cried and had some absolutely delicious food! I contributed to the delicious food with some peanut butter magic squares...and I've shared the recipe below. 


Three. Peanut Butter Magic Squares - These are to die for and absolutely so easy to make! Grab the recipe below and make these for your Christmas party; they'll be a hit!

Image result for peanut butter magic squares

- 1 roll peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup miniature Reese's cups
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk

1. Spray your baking pan (I used a 9x11 metal pan) with non-stick spray and press the cookie dough into the pan to form a crust. Bake @ 350 for 7-8 minutes to allow the cookies to begin to "set up" but not bake completely. 

2. Remove the pan from the oven and top your soft cookie layer with three fourths of the mixture of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanuts and miniature Reese's cups. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top of the bars and then top with the remaining mixture of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanuts and miniatures Reese's cups.

3. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut and serve.

Four. 2018 Top Nine - Do y'all use the Top Nine app to see what your top posts are for the year? The app compiles your nine most liked posts for the year into one image and I'm always intrigued to see what my pictures are. I had to look back to see where some of these came from - but it seems like most of them are from the back half of the year...except one.


The top row: Autumn storm clouds, my Christmas gift from Tiffany's (from 2017, but it arrived in early January of this year) and the snow in November.
The middle row: Saint Mark's Square in Venice, breakfast at the airport in Frankfurt and the snow in November (again) at an earlier stage.
The bottom row: Watson begging for macarons, Lindsey and I in Virginia Beach in July and a selfie I took before getting my hair done in late October, ha-ha!

Five. Weekend Plans - I'm not sure what I'm going to get up to this weekend... but it's supposed to pour all weekend long! There is a flash flood watch on my phone for the weekend, so I'm thinking whatever I do it will need to be an indoor activity? I am going to do some shopping tomorrow and get the last few gifts I need...so I can hopefully get those all purchased, wrapped and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the Christmas season. 

********************************************

That's all I've got for this Five on Friday post - I'm looking at an early work day and a pretty wide open weekend, which all sounds really nice to me. I've enjoyed the slower pace that this Christmas season has had so far. Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment