Friday, December 7, 2018

Five on Friday

Friday has arrived once more - everyone share in a hearty cheer for the weekend! I cannot believe this is the second weekend in the month of December though, what in the world? In fact, there are only four weekends left in the year of 2018 - and this is one of them. So what are you doing this weekend?


One. Charlottesville - I'm headed to Charlottesville for a quick weekend; it's about a two hour drive from my house and we are going to celebrate my Mom's birthday a few days early, her actual birthday is on Monday! I'm not sure what we'll be doing or what we'll get up to - perhaps we'll check out the Christmas tree on the walking mall? I'm sure there will be plenty to keep us occupied and we'll get to see plenty of Christmas lights!

Related image

Two. Mr. Robot - This show has been on my Amazon Prime playlist for a while now but I finally started watching it on the way home from Italy and I'm almost done with season one. I know 0 about hacking and I am not what you'd call very computer literate - I have minimal skills at best, but I am thoroughly intrigued by the show. It follows hacker Elliot Alderson who over the course of the first season is drawn into a hacking plot and maybe ends up being in deeper than he'd like to be. We shall see how it turns out!

Image result for mr. robot

Three. The Juniper Latte - I made a poor life choice on Thursday and I'm sharing it here with you so you don't make the same mistake. Starbucks has a new seasonal latte that is flavored with juniper syrup and topped with pine sanding sugar... and I should have known, but I figured I'd give it a try... it tasted exactly the way you'd imagine: like licking a pine candle. *shudder* I couldn't stomach the coffee + Pine Sol taste that it provided, so I had to doctor it with additional coffee and creamer to choke it down...


I'd heartily recommend that if you're a Starbuck's fan, you stick with something more delightful like the Peppermint Mocha or the Creme Brulee Latte - you've been warned. 

Four. It's A Yurt - Our accommodations this weekend in Charlottesville (actually Gordonsville - but whatever...) is a yurt! Have you heard of this things? Have you ever stayed in one? They are completely round and from my understanding, they are maybe like classy camping? I don't know - I'm told this one will be awesome. I'll report back next week and let you know! It will certainly be an experience!

Image result for yurt

Five. Christmas Shopping - Are you done with your Christmas shopping? I'm not... *sigh* I still have a few things to get here and there, but I'm getting close. I usually like to be the person that has everything wrapped and under the tree before the middle of December but that's not going to happen this year... However, I don't plan to be slapping tape on presents on December 24th either, ha-ha!

Image result for christmas shopping

Y'all have a good weekend! I'll pop back in on Saturday and Sunday to share my final two posts about Italy, so see you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment